| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
In more than 100 laboratories, our scientists are conducting innovative research to advance understanding in the biological sciences and improve human health. The SKI Staff includes 400 research fellows, and 200 graduate students (both PhDs and MD/PhDs). SKI boasts many National Academy of Sciences members and Howard Hughes Medical Institute investigators.
The SKI Administrative Assistant I provides administrative and operational support for the Managers, Principal Investigators and/or Core Heads to assure seamless support of the office and lab.
- Perform routine administrative activities to maintain the smooth operation of the office and lab
- Assist in the accurate preparation of complex documents and assist with the coordination and organization of timely grants submissions and similar projects
- Maintain calendars, create agendas, and coordinate with visitors to maintain PI’s schedule
- Complete reimbursement and invoice paperwork, and monitor expenses and payments
- Plan travel, events, and visits, and complete personnel-related paperwork for lab member
- A planner and an organizer with a keen attention to detail
- A great communicator
- A professional who possesses the ability to work well with people of many different backgrounds and temperament
- At least 1 year of experience
- Excellent Microsoft Office software skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Superior communication & interpersonal skills
- Experience in a hospital or academic research lab preferred
- Bachelor's degree preferred
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.