| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2016. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
In large research group focused on the development of novel immune therapies, serves in a consultant capacity to determine the most effective methodology to achieve optimal digital images of microscopic samples through an understanding of the science underlying the experimentation. Trains and assists users in experimental design and execution.
- Serves as a consultant to users of the research laboratory. Collaborates on scientific research projects, including familiarization with the literature pertinent to the investigator’s project in order to assist in experimental design and interpretation of results.
- Collaborates with histology core facility staff members to evaluate the quality of automated and manual experiments performed in the lab and generate images and description of results necessary for lab records and publications.
- Conduct independent research regarding the identification of novel markers with potential importance to cancer biology and develop state of the art staining techniques.
- Be the driving force in summarizing and advertising new immune, cancer markers and image hardware and software to users
- Identify, recommend and participate in the testing of new optical imaging equipment and software for image processing and analysis
- Assist in the maintenance and trouble shooting of all optical equipment
- BA/BS in Life Sciences required. Must have excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Prior experience in a laboratory environment with microscopy experience required.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.