| EOE Statement:|
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location:
This position is in the Department of Pediatrics Infectious Disease. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
The Community Outreach Representative II will serve as a “Prevention Specialist” within the Prevention Program at Project ARK, coordinating daily activities necessary to implement the HIV/STD testing and specific prevention projects (primarily those targeting young men who have sex with men (MSM). This position will perform HIV/STD testing both on-site and in the community and utilize innovative strategies to increase the number of youth who access HIV/STD testing and prevention services.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Coordination / Community Implementation
- Conduct HIV/STD risk reduction counseling and testing with youth and adults, which includes administering rapid and/or blood testing, as well handling/transporting test specimens.
- Serve as the lead staff to manage on-site testing results, which includes: entering results into the electronic medical record, notifying clients and medical staff of results.
- Support mobile and outreach HIV testing activities to provide access to HIV testing in communities at risk for HIV, including driving the mobile unit for outreach events.
- Provide age and culturally appropriate support, referrals, and education to youth clients at risk for HIV/STDs and those living with HIV/AIDS, to include referrals to PrEP (Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis).
- Maintain client privacy and confidentiality at all times.
- Promote positive sexual health behaviors among young MSM through education during testing activities and follow up communication (i.e., reminder phone calls/texts).
- Implement evidence based HIV prevention interventions based on population, need and intervention curriculum.
- Maintain and complete required documentation for all HIV/STD testing and client interventions.
- Complete training in the delivery of HIV/STD testing services, HIV Prevention interventions, and as required by the University and MO Department of Health and Senior Services.
- Complete reporting and evaluation requirements as assigned to demonstrate effective implementation of the project.
- Participate in the implementation of Prevention Team Quality Improvement activities.
- Participate in Project ARK/The SPOT staff meetings. Assist in the identification of key agenda items to strengthen the prevention team and services provided.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (i.e., Associate Degree plus 2 years of HIV/AIDS and/or other community outreach/education leadership experience; or HIV/AIDS and/or other community outreach/education leadership experience; 5-plus years of experience will also be considered).
- Master of Science degree
- Background and/or willingness to work with women, youth and persons living with HIV/AIDS
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Reliable transportation
- Have knowledge and sensitivity about the needs / issues of various subpopulations such as families, young women with children, LGBT and persons living with HIV/AIDS
- Willingness to work non-traditional hours (evenings & weekends)
- Possess a Class E or CDL license, or be willing to obtain one for mobile unit operation
- Effective time management and organizational skills
The hiring range for this position is $14.95 - $18.31 per hour.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
-Retirement Savings Plan
-22 vacation days
-8 Paid Holidays
-Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
-Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
-Free Life Insurance
-Health, Dental, Vision
-Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
-Long Term Disability Insurance
-Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Internal Applicant Instruction:
This position is grade C06.
Please attach a copy of your most current signed performance evaluation (completed within the last 18 months) to your online account. If you have not received a performance evaluation, you may provide two current signed letters of recommendation (written within the last 18 months), preferably to include one letter from either a current or recent former supervisor. To attach these documents, go to: My Career Tools, Add Attachment, Attachment Type – Performance Reviews or Letters of Recommendation.