At Woodard & Curran, there’s nothing we love more than a tough engineering challenge. We handle a wide range of water and environmental issues—solving complex problems with creativity and tenacity. That’s how we make a difference to our clients, people, and planet. Our company was founded on a simple concept: provide a safe and enjoyable place to work with opportunity, integrity, and commitment, and we will attract talented people. Those people are at the heart of our firm, solving some of the most pressing water and environmental challenges for our clients.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, engaged engineer or geologist who can complement and/or diversify our existing practices and capabilities and support investigation and remediation programs in New England. Come join a team of innovative experts who have been on the forefront of emerging trends and practices in environmental remediation for decades. Candidates will have a degree/advanced degree in geology, hydrogeology, or civil/ environmental engineering with 3 to 6 years of site assessment and remediation experience. Preferred candidates will have previous experience with site investigation and remediation projects ranging from initial site investigation through remedy selection, design, construction, and operation. Knowledge of New England environmental regulations (particularly MCP) is preferred along with prior experience related to report development, environmental permitting, and construction/subcontractor management.
At Woodard & Curran, the selected candidate will join a team of like-minded professionals and find opportunities for long term career growth and development along with an environment that fosters initiative and collaboration across disciplines. In this position, the successful candidate will have opportunities to take leadership, drive their career forward, and grow in their area of technical interest.
* Field Team Leader for environmental investigation and remediation efforts.
* Lead, implement, and/or support the design, construction, operation, maintenance, and monitoring of field pilot tests and soil and groundwater remediation programs.
* Provide support to Project Manager/LSP, including planning/preparing/tracking scope, proposals, schedule, and budget.
* Selection, coordination, and observation of subcontractors in fulfillment of project tasks.
* Construction monitoring and documentation during remedial system installation and other remedy implementation activities.
* Data compilation, analysis, and visualization (e.g., GIS, Access, SQL, 3-D software packages, etc.).
* Preparation of MCP and other environmental reports and permits.
* 3 - 6 years’ experience with environmental projects in New England.
* Bachelors of Science in engineering (civil, environmental), geology, and/or hydrogeology - Master’s degree preferred, but not required.
* Knowledge of and experience implementing state and federal programs (Massachusetts Contingency Plan (MCP), RCRA, CERCLA).
* Professional licensure in related discipline is a plus.
* Excellent technical writing skills, keen problem-solving ability, and committed to a career in environmental consulting.
* OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPER training and annual refresher courses.
Woodard & Curran is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Woodard & Curran is a Drug Free Work Place.
Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Woodard & Curran is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.