NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as an Energy Mechanic.
This position is responsible for performing and leading staff in the duties peculiar to and normally required in the trade of electrician and pneumatic controls as they apply to HVAC systems.
- Schedule and monitors staff work assignments, time-off, motivates staff, etc. Schedules and monitors daily work for staff on all shifts. Reassigns staff as necessary. Reviews personal days and vacation schedules so there is no overlay negative impact on the shop operations. Takes appropriate action to solve problems and notify management with regards to daily operations. Communicates the objective of assignments to members of shop and solicits feedback to ensure assignments in understood. Assigns work in order to accomplish goals in a timely and professional fashion and make allowances for individual initiative.
- Orders supplies and equipment through manager, to maintain adequate stock for daily operation and planned activities. Monitors employees attendance, work performance, work habits ad growth. Reviews new employees during their probation period and inform management of new employee status and progress. Advises management of additional training needs, if required.
- Evaluates staff and makes recommendations as to promotions, personnel development, technical training and disciplinary actions to be taken for employees in or seeking to enter the shop. Monitors employees attendance, work performance, work habits and growth. Reviews new employees during their probation period and inform management of new employee status and progress. Advises management of additional training needs, if required.
- Makes rounds of Medical Center facilities to ensure that appropriate corrective and preventative maintenance measures are taken to continue operation efficiently and uninterrupted. Identifies problems in areas, equipment and other issues. Communicates issues to other shops and management. Repairs equipment under domain.
- Oversees Building Automatic Systems. Oversees maintenance of Building Automation Systems. Monitors Building Automation Systems and adjust staff to correct problems as needed. Interfaces with vendors and management to review programs standards.
- Maintains systems operating at peak efficiency by interfacing with management clients, other shops, other foremen, contractors and outside vendors. Acquires and maintains overall knowledge of facility operations and reports status to management or other involved personnel. Ensures equipment is operating according to given schedules. Have a good knowledge on N.Y.U. Medical Centers emergency procedures and coordinates information with other shops, clients and management during emergencies such as floods, fire, fire alarms, (this includes training shop members on both a periodic and as needed basis). This includes interaction with outside municipal agencies (i.e., Fire Department, etc.) as needed. Interacts with peers, management, clients and outside personnel is performed in an interpersonal smooth and courteous manner. Advises mechanics and helpers with complex installations and corrective maintenance programs.
- Equipment utilization and area maintenance. Utilizes equipment in a safe and proper manner, in accordance with departmental and N.Y.U. Medical Center procedures. Supervises repairs when appropriate and notifies the appropriate person, including management, when equipment is damaged or in need of repair. Makes rounds of Medical Center to ensure that appropriate corrective and preventive maintenance are being followed and takes necessary action when and as needed. Maintains a clean and safe work environment, obtaining the assistance and support of management when necessary.
- Reviews logs and documentation. Reviews logs and documentation that are maintained by shop to ensure they are current and correct. Reviews departmental incident reports, prior to being submitted to management. Makes drafts and sketches of systems to be installed, corrected or added to.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have five years of experience in the field. Trade or vocational school graduation shall reduce the requirement to four years. High School diploma or equivalent.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.