NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Lead Front Range Developer.
The FrontRange HEAT Developer will be responsible for design, development, management, monitoring, and enhancements of the FrontRange HEAT environment. S/he will provide 24x7 support of engineering solutions in both physical and virtual environments. S/he will design and configure customized workflows, functionality, and data flow applications, and will handle all upgrades and security patches to application during agreed-upon maintenance windows. S/he will implement changes and/or new features to support and secure the HEAT environment based on direction and guidance from the Management of the Enterprise Tools team.
- Application integration, architecture, engineering and support of the MCIT computing systems.
- Perform development and configuration of a number of areas including, Change, Problem, Knowledge, Configuration Management, Incident, CMDB, and Asset Management.
- Work with team leaders to design, manage, and execute new implementations.
- Design and deploy customizations to align with business operations.
- Define, analyze, and document technical requirements.
- Coordinate with Security, Unix/Windows Operations/Engineering, Service Management and other teams to ensure standards are maintained when systems are customized to support MCIT development efforts.
- Production support of new engineering solutions.
- Standardization and automation of systems, tasks, and workflows.
- Recommend, design and implement systems management and automation solutions.
- Design, configure and tune highly-available HEAT systems.
- Assist in implementing, executing, maintaining, and documenting proper DR and BC procedures.
- Conduct end-to-end testing of all new functionality or applications developed on the HEAT platform prior to rolling out to production.
- Manage technical projects ensuring best-practices, quality of work and meeting deadlines.
- 24 x 7 support of Medical Center-based systems and related systems.
- Provide Support for FrontRange HEAT application.
- Respond to Incidents and Service Requests for the HEAT application as appropriate.
- Assist with management of HEAT environment.
- Learn other enterprise tools and skills as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- 5+ years experience performing development, design, engineering and supporting of ITSM platforms such as BMC Remedy, HP Service Manager or ServiceNow.
- Very strong experience in development, implementation and design of ITSM platforms like BMC Remedy, HP Service Manager or ServiceNow.
- Solid knowledge of ITIL theory and practice.
- Ability to interface scripts with Databases and web front ends.
- Experience with all core ITSM modules, including, Change, Problem, Knowledge, Configuration Management, Incident, CMDB, and Asset Management.
- Knowledge of web technologies such as HTML, Jelly, AJAX, and PERL.
- Understanding of networking and internet technologies - TCPIP, DNS, DHCP, etc.
- Solid knowledge of Monitoring concepts and technologies, SNMP, alerting, reporting, dashboards, maintenance windows.
- Solid knowledge of Information Security concepts.
- Experience with systems and IT operations.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge with various storage technologies such as SAN, NAS, or RAID.
- Strong Communication Skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills including ability to do presentations and communicate technical information in English to senior IT management.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong grasp of automation tools.
- Data management skills.
- A strong focus on business outcomes.
- Dependability and reliability.
- Methodical and disciplined approach to problem solving.
- Ability to be on-call 24x7.
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects with minimal supervision.
- Experience researching, evaluating, and supporting new technologies.
- Advanced degree desirable.
- ITIL v3 certification is a plus.
- Database development is a huge plus.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.