NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a FGP LPN (35).
In this role, the successful candidate Under direction of RN/Primary Nurse, assists in assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of care and rehabilitation of patient within framework of nursing process
- Works within philosophy, purposes, policies and standards of both Hospital and Department of Nursing. Performs nursing procedures for which preparation as a Licensed Practical Nurse has provided the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Accepts responsibility for own practice. Reports pertinent observations, treatments, medications, incidents and accidents associated with patients to Registered Nurse and record same on appropriate documents or in ICIS.
- Prepares patients for diagnostic tests, treatments, examination, PT/OT, etc., according to NYU/HJD protocols.
- Delegates appropriate tasks to non-professional staff, and provide guidance under the supervision of the Registered Professional Nurse.
- Contributes to nursing care plan in collaboration with other members of professional nursing staff. Assists with rehabilitation of patients according to interdisciplinary plan of care.
- Provides for physical comfort and safety of patient.Contributes to patient care conferences.
- Participates in physician rounds and the discussion of patients problems, progress and plans.
- Assists in emergency resuscitative procedures by initiating MRT or code 4444 call, performing resuscitative procedures and carrying out such other activities as directed by the MRT or Code 4444 Team.
- Participates in planning/organizing and evaluating patient care priorities and objectives.
- Ensures proper medication delivery. Administers medication within the scope of practice.
- Administers medication with knowledge of action, mode of administration, side effects and contraindications; orders, prepares, administers and evaluates medication and intravenous therapy items needed; in accordance with the institutional policy. Effectively implements physician orders after consulting appropriate sources regarding unfamiliar or questionable orders; allows no misunderstanding or orders.
- Provides patient and family education. Participates in unit-based nursing educational conferences as well as Hospital-wide in-service programs.
- Collaborates with nursing staff/clinical specialists in establishing educational plans for patient/families. Assists registered nurse to continuously seek feedback and monitor patient/family learning process; modifies teaching plan/techniques based on feedback evaluation and circumstances.
- Reinforces patient and family teaching as outlined by the Registered Nurse.
- Documents all information, pertaining to patient procedures, according to policy. Maintains documentation according to departmental procedures manual. Documents all information in a complete, concise, accurate and timely manner.
- Writes legibly on all patient care forms including a legible signature and status. Documents observation promptly to serve as relevant reference point for patient care by both primary and associate nurses.
- Responsible for maintaining high level of job competence through continuing education programs. Attends education programs related to increasing knowledge and skills for patient care responsibilities of position.Attends Professional Development offerings appropriate for increasing competence. Participates in quality monitoring at unit level.
- Adheres to safety policies/procedures. Reports all work related accident/injuries and demonstrates appropriate follow through.Reports all patient/visitor accidents. Promotes a safe, therapeutic environment for patients, families and staff. Reports unsafe working conditions and faulty equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To qualify you must have a Graduate of Licensed Practical Nurse program with a current license in New York State as an LPN.
One year of Nursing experience is preferred
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.