NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Contracts Assistant.
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing administrative support to the Sponsored Programs Administrations Research Contracts Team (SPA). The candidate will be responsible for review of template-based inbound agreements, completion of out-bound templates, routinized compliance matters, and gathering signatures on executable documents. This position works under general direction.
- Reviews and negotiates agreements and amendments that are based on a template or for which there are precedents available.
- Completes template agreements.
- Completes routine institutional compliance responsibilities related to contracts and awards.
- Assists SPA in responding to administrative requests.
- Assists SPA in tracking the status of contracts, grants and other agreements.
- Assists in the execution of award documents by collecting signatures, performing follow ups, mailing copies, distributing final versions.
- Uploads awards and enters basic award data into award management databases.
- Participates in special projects as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- To qualify you must have a High school diploma or the equivalent and 3 -5 years relevant experience; or an associates degree and 1-3 years relevant experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including Word and Excel.
- Ability to organize and process records and files.
- Performs detail-oriented work with a consistently high level of accuracy.
- Ability to prioritize competing matters and manage ones time efficiently.
- Ability to follow-up on requests and track the progress of multiple matters independently.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.