NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Research Data Associate.
In this role, the successful candidate will work as a Research Data Associate for the Childhood Obesity Prevention Grant.
- Enrollment duties RAs will track new prenatal patients using the medical record system at Bellevue Hospital and approach eligible subjects in the first trimester of pregnancy. They will screen for eligibility in person and consent mothers into the study. RAs will follow up with enrolled subjects to perform several assessments prior to the childs birth.
- Assessment duties RAs will follow all study subjects and perform follow-up assessments at different time points (from pregnancy to 5 years old). They will arrange assessments when it is most convenient for the mother, including nights and weekends, by phone and in person. They will perform anthropometric measurements including height, weight, waist circumference, body fat percentage and blood pressure on the child and mother at the 36, 48 and 60 month assessment. RAs will work closely with collaborators in the outpatient clinic and CTSI to schedule visits and arrange urine collection.
- Data duties RAs will enter all assessment data into Qualtrics and RedCap. RAs will assist with data cleaning and data management. They will create and merge variables and conduct analysis using SPSS. RAs may assist the PIs with writing scholarly reports whenever possible.
- Medical chart review duties RAs will complete medical chart review at each assessment time point using the medical record system at Bellevue Hospital and will enter medical chart review data into the main study database.
- IRB duties RAs will assist the project manager with the preparation of institutional review board (IRB) materials including amendments, updates and renewals.
- Program duties RAs will schedule well child care appointments for intervention participants. RAs will assist nutritionists with the organization of lunchtime family groups by helping with set up, clean up, and general classroom management. RAs will be required to be active with children at all times. Childrens activities may include: playing, reading, promote physical activities and healthy eating. Additional program duties are to assist the program coordinator with grant administration, program reports and presentations. Facility with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is required
- General office duties RAs will assist the project coordinator with day to day project activities including maintaining inventory and purchasing supplies.
- To qualify you must have a must have a BA or BS and fluency in English and Spanish (both written and spoken) is a requirement for this position.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.