NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Per Diem Research Nurse.
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for assisting in the organization and implantation of investigational studies and researches.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Assist in reviewing literature and research material for publication.
- Counseling subjects for HIV/AIDS and testing if requested.
- Act as advocate and liaison between Spanish and other non-English speaking subjects with MDs and staff.
- Oversee and manage all surgical and medical equipment and sterilization process.
- Perform patient general, physical and gynecological examinations (including PAPs, STD screenings, wet mount and office microscopic examination of patient vaginal discharge samples).
- Assist MD in reviewing and analyzing of all subject lab work and results. Manage the office and relevant aspects in the absence of the office manager. Assist MD with patients exams and related office surgical procedures.
- Attend to and assist monitors and regulators during office site visits. Collect, prepare and deliver to labs all subject required lab work.
- Responsible for timely case report forms corrections via queries system.
- Do all phlebotomy activities including starting IV lines and administering of medications under MD supervision during operational medical procedures, when protocol requires.
- Follow subjects to ensure compliance with protocol standards and maintain ongoing communication to improve enrollment and retentions in the studies.
- Responsible for consenting subjects and for ensuring that subjects are fully informed of the consent process in their own native language. Responsible for all subjects charts and case report forms and computer submissions.
- Meet with Principal Investigators, Coordinators and research staff for procedural discussions relating to studies protocol, inclusion/exclusion and other criteria.
- Coordinate the recruitment and interviewing of research subjects. Assist with IRB initial and follow-up applications and correspondence.
- Assist in the organization and implementation of investigational studies.
- To qualify you must have a NYS RN License with current registration.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program.
- Bachelors Degree in Nursing, or equivalent combination of education and experience with plans to earn a Baccalaureate degree in Nursing.
- Prior RN experience in a clinical setting preferred.
- Experience working with specific indications (department-specific).
- Minimum of 3 years progressively responsible related experience coordinating clinical/research trials studies.
- Proficiency in using various Microsoft Office applications such as World, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Familiar with Internet applications.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and strong analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of management and work and communicate effectively with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to work within a team environment, as well as independently.
- Commitment to continuous learning as required by department administration.
- Ability to make decisions independently.
- Ability to manage time, multi task and prioritize work.
- Ability to identify, analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Registered Nurse License-NYS
- Bachelors Degree in Nursing is highly preferred.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.