The Hospital for Joint Diseases (HJD) at NYU Langone Medical Center is one of the nation's leading orthopaedic and rheumatologic, specialty hospitals dedicated to the prevention and treatment of musculoskeletal diseases. The hospital provides some of the most advanced orthopaedic programs in the region for musculoskeletal disorders and the largest pediatric orthopaedic program in New York City. HJD is consistently ranked among the leading orthopaedic centers nationwide by U.S. News and World Report. Our expert physicians combine extensive experience and research with the latest technology for bone and joint problems that affect patient's ability to function. We specialize in the following areas: Orthopaedic Surgery Rheumatology Neurology Radiology.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a H.I.M. Representative in the Health Information Management Department. To qualify a High School Diploma with one to two (1-2) years experience in an area directly related to the position or equivalent combination of education and experience. Effective oral and written communication and interpersonal skills required. Must have knowledge of relevant computer systems.
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for processing requests for the release of patient information and providing customer service. Ensures that health information is maintained in accordance with established NYU Medical Center policies and procedures, The Joint Commission (TJC) standards, and regional, state and federal guidelines. Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Processes requests for information from insurance companies, attorneys, patients, PRO, physicians, federal and state agencies, etc., as assigned. Opens and date stamps requests in a timely fashion, determines if requests are proper (i.e. valid authorization with a valid date, etc.); initiates a return letter if authorization is inappropriate. Determines if special consent forms are necessary depending on the type of patient illness (i.e. psychiatric, HIV, etc.). Ensures that requests are processed accurately and in a timely fashion Performs on-going follow-up of outstanding requests and informs the manager of request status when necessary.
- Enters requests accurately into ROI systems. Maintains accurate electronic files of requests and updates systems as needed. Scans authorization forms and related documentation into patient chart. Scans requested records into ROI systems and ensures that quality images are captured.
- Responds to inquiries from patients and staff members and instructs them in the appropriate methods for requesting records. Forwards authorizations to appropriate areas.
- dentifies missing or incomplete medical information and complies with departmental procedures for following-up on missing or incomplete documents.
- Prints copies of requested information as needed. Distributes printed information (or digital files) to authorized individuals. Appropriately grants access to electronic records.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The Hospital for Joint Diseases (HJD) at NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view The Hospital for Joint Diseases (HJD) at NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.