About Virginia Tech:
Virginia Tech is a public land-grant university, committed to teaching and learning, research, and outreach to the Commonwealth of Virginia, the nation, and the world. Building on its motto of Ut Prosim (that I may serve), Virginia Tech is dedicated to InclusiveVT—serving in the spirit of community, diversity, and excellence. We seek candidates who adopt and practice the Principles of Community, which are fundamental to our on-going efforts to increase access and inclusion, and to create a community that nurtures learning and growth for all of its members. Virginia Tech actively seeks a broad spectrum of candidates to join our community in preparing leaders for the world.
The Operations Coordinator provides administrative and planning support for the Directors, faculty, graduate students, and wage personnel for the Center for Gerontology (CfG) and the Institute for Society, Culture and Environment (ISCE). Responsibilities include a variety of fiscal and human resource activities that include, but are not limited to: accounting, bookkeeping, payroll and invoice processing, procurement, travel arrangements and reimbursements, financial reconciliations, fixed asset and key tracking, petty cash and gift card handling, grant administration, and file maintenance. This position serves as the main public and campus contact for the CfG and ISCE and is responsible for managing calendars and correspondence, scheduling and organizing meetings and coordination of special projects, new initiatives, and select special events. Provides grant administration for externally and internally funded grants including assistance in the financial management of projects from initiation through closeout and serves as the liaison between faculty and the Office of Sponsored Programs for these projects.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business administration or related field or equivalent training and/or experience.
- Administrative or executive support experience in an academic or professional office environment.
- Considerable knowledge of university fiscal, human resources and facilities management policies and procedures.
- Experience such as Banner Finance, MicroStrategy, HRIS, PeopleAdmin, electronic I-9, Labor Redistribution, TimeClock Plus, Departmental Leave Reporting, HokieMart (enterer and receiver), Fixed Assets control, and TEM.
- Experience such as fund reconciliations, invoice processing, funds handling, deposit of university and VTF receipts, petty cash funds, merchant credit card procedures, and preparing monthly financial reports.
- Ability to prepare documentation in a professional and timely manner.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment to handle complex research projects, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines, anticipate leadership needs and proactively solve problems and/or Independently handle issues as necessary.
- Must be able to use discretion in dealing with confidential information, have excellent organizational, business communication, and time management skills.
- Ability to interpret and apply policies and procedures.
- Must have adaptability, and well-developed interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain collaborative and productive working relationships with a broad spectrum of individuals and cross-functional teams comprised of faculty, staff, students, and others.
- Experience with research project management strategies and applications.
- Advanced computer skill using various types of software such as Microsoft Office Suite, and ability and willingness to learn new software as needed.
- Strong proof reading skills.
- Certified Research Administrator certification.
Employee Category: Staff (Salary)
Appointment Type: Regular
Percent Employment: Full-time
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veteran status; or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees, or applicants; or any other basis protected by law.
For inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, contact the executive director for Equity and Access at 540-231-2010 or Virginia Tech, North End Center, Suite 2300 (0318), 300 Turner St. NW, Blacksburg, VA 24061.