Provides leadership and manages the operations of the Hickory Hills office, addictions services including the United States Probation and Pre-Trial contract (USPO), DUI services and substance abuse treatment. Directly supervises Addictions Coordinator and treatment staff. May carry clinical responsibility for a select caseload.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides leadership and direct day-to-day management of service line components while maintaining compliance with program/service line goals including but not limited to: completion of paperwork requirements, skill development, and oversight of concerns relating to coverage, job expectations, and maintaining program expense within budgetary limits.
- Monitors all aspects of treatment delivery, including general DASA guidelines and specific program requirements. Ensures overall compliance with funder and contract requirements regarding targeted client numbers, client hours, and adherence to program standards, etc.
- Monitors productivity and accuracy of staff based on individual and group service hours and utilization review.
- Ensures all required reports are prepared as requested.
- Coordinates department and office coverage, including reviewing and approving staff time off, ensuring groups are covered and other issues as they arise.
- Pursues and oversees diversified payor mix, with a particular focus on growing and managing private insurance business.
- Participates in planning process with Associate Vice President and Chief Clinical Officer for program development, resource deployment and utilization, and community linkages
- Participates in CQI (Continuous Quality Improvement) process, overseeing adherence to protocols and goals and objectives set forth in CQI program for current year, including meeting accreditation and licensing standards.
- Participates in regular management meetings to review and evaluate overall staff and program performance goals and objectives.
- Oversees overall client flow process, including collaboration with Director of Access and Referral to coordinate the screening process. Troubleshoots and problem solves any issues that arise.
- Coordinates with the Billing, Benefits and Authorizations department as needed.
- Manages personnel and student interns in accordance with policy, applicable laws, and the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement, including interviewing, making hiring recommendations, training, planning, assigning and directing work, regular oversight of work, providing weekly clinical supervision, approving time cards, preparing and conducting annual performance reviews, addressing disciplinary issues as needed, providing regular and appropriate recognition, addressing complaints and resolving problems, etc.
- Provides administrative support, supervision and consultation to support and broaden staff skill levels and ensures use of state of the art, client centered and evidence based treatment modalities.
- Responsible for establishing and implementing staff protocols; ensures existing protocols are updated and orients and trains staff accordingly.
- Responsible for ensuring documentation requirements and standards are maintained.
- Maintains open communication with Pillars’ Administration in order to ensure inter-programmatic collaboration as well as with staff to ensure professional program operations.
- Modifies modality and duration of treatment protocols based on the most current research.
- Ensures staff attendance at Pillars all-staff meetings as well as all other required meetings including: team meetings, weekly supervision, and any other agency required meetings.
- Collaborates with other site Directors on office space and coordinates logistics of office moves with Director of Facilities.
- Completes regular program evaluations and inter-agency communication to ensure that the program continues to achieve objectives effectively.
- May maintain a small caseload, but regularly provides coverage for staff absences.
- Provides crisis support to clinics as needed (Crises should take priority over regular sessions).
- Ensures completion of all agency required paperwork and documentation for all clients.
- Other duties as assigned.