The American Dental Education Association (ADEA) is seeking to add an experienced Director of Policy Research to our team of high-performing professionals.
In this position, you will be responsible for conducting in-depth research and complex analysis of reports, scientific studies, and other information affecting academic dentistry and oral health care. You will synthesize large volumes of information in order to focus on issues of importance to the Association. You will draft policy positions, summarize reports, give presentations, represent the Association on committees, workgroups and task forces; coordinate the production of white papers, issue briefs, talking points and other written materials. You will establish collaborative relationships with agencies, institutions and organizations to further the goals of ADEA. In collaboration with others, you will seek and obtain grants and other funding for projects and initiatives of the Association.
- Under the supervision of the Chief Policy Officer and in collaboration with other ADEA divisions, conduct research for and write ADEA issue briefs, white papers, fact sheets, reports, summaries and other written materials.
- Write Association reports and issue briefs based on ADEA generated data such as student surveys, faculty salaries and vacancies, application demographics and others. Assist in development of new surveys and data collection as well as review and maintenance of existing survey instruments.
- Write and develop materials and information for ADEA website and various Association publications.
- Submit abstracts and publications to national conferences and journals on dental education, higher education and health professions.
- Prepare and deliver presentations on behalf of the Association to members, agencies, institutions and organization to further the goals of ADEA.
- Identify, monitor, evaluate, and analyze national and state trends, factors and actions that have potential to positively or negatively impact dental education, dental research and oral health.
- Identify funding sources, write grant proposals and seek other funding for policy related initiatives.
- Provide strategic and technical assistance to inform members of issues affecting academic dentistry, dental research and oral health. Respond to members’ inquiries regarding policy issues.
Desired First Year Outcomes
In the first 6 months, you will make contact with key collaborators and partners, identify trends and key issues to be addressed, identify potential grants and funding sources, review ADEA publications and Association reports, and in collaboration with the Chief Policy Officer, Senior Vice President of Educational Research and Analysis and the Senior Vice President of Access, Diversity and Inclusion, draft a plan for reports and publications over the next 6 months. Annual goals will be developed once the plan is approved.