POSITION TITLE: Director, Property and Asset Management
REPORTS TO: Director of Program Operations
Supervises: 3 Housing Specialists
POSITION DESCRIPTION: This position is responsible for complete oversight, supervision and administration of the Organization’s assets, housing programs and real estate properties. The Director will manage contract and program compliance; process development, improvement and implementation; as well as client program participation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Property and Asset Management (25%)
- Oversee management of Organization owned properties
- Create and administer annual and multi-year budgeting for all owned properties
- Responsible for biweekly 24-hour coverage of Organization owned properties
- Participate in relevant coalitions, networks and community groups
- Assist with housing advocacy efforts
- Work closely with senior leadership to create strategic performance plan for long-term goals that promote the mission at HOW
- Work with consultants, contractors, architects, and funding sources to ensure project implementation and completion
Program Operations (40%)
- Cultivate new landlord relationships and maintain existing relationships with landlords and management companies
- Effectively manage landlord/tenant conflict resolution
- Enforce occupancy and sublease agreements
- Oversight of terminations and eviction proceedings
- Ensure legal requirements are met
- Perform rent reasonableness research
- Work closely with Support Services Department on participant needs
Reporting and Compliance Monitoring (20%)
- Perform all reporting functions including but not limited to external and internal compliance and monitoring requirements
- Oversee management of data in the company database, Yardi Voyager, including file creation and maintenance
- Responsible for ensuring compliance of all units and properties with HUD, IHDA and government, state, and city contract standards and guidelines
- Support agency for all external and internal audit reporting
Team Management and Development (15%)
- Supervise staff of Organization Housing Department
- Seek out relevant training opportunities for Staff; develop team to bridge experience and skill gaps
- Maintain tight oversight of individual performance standards and performance expectations.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Minimum 8 years of experience in property
- Knowledge of homelessness and housing issues.
- Knowledge of Chicago Landlord/Tenant Ordinance
- Knowledge of Affordable Housing Practices (Housing First, Harm Reduction)
- Exceptional program coordination and administration skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and team-building skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative relationships with external and internal partners.
- Comfortable working with diverse groups of people including: Homeless population and LGBT
- Proficient in MS Office, specifically Excel, and data management systems.
- Experience with Yardi systems and HMIS strongly preferred.
STARTING SALARY: Submit salary requirements with application. Applications without salary requirements will not be considered.
WORK SCHEDULE: Full-time; regular business hours with flexibility for some evening and weekend hours required.
Essential Functions Include:
- Able to lift a minimum of 25 lbs, and walk up and down stairs
- Must possess valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle and proof of automobile insurance
- Must pass applicable background tests
HOW is an Affirmative Action, equal-opportunity employer. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and employees shall perform other duties as appropriate. HOW reserves the right to revise or change job duties as needed. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.