The Executive Director provides leadership and guidance to ACE Mentor Program Chicago. The Executive Director is responsible for advocacy, managing staff/contractors/vendors, increasing fundraising, implementing new programs, program administration and working with the Board of Directors and Associate Board.
The Executive Director must engage high school students, their parents, school teachers and administrators, architects, contractors, engineers and national ACE administrators in the course of his/her duties. In addition to being experienced, dedicated and enthusiastic, the Executive Director must be effective in working with this diverse group of constituents.
This is a contract position (no benefits are provided) working approximately half time. Hours are flexible based on the needs of the program. The Executive Director position has the added perk of working from home. We are looking for someone from the local Chicagoland area.
- With the Board of Directors, set strategic goals for the organization; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve strategic goals
- Actively engage and energize ACE Chicago mentors, Executive board members, Associate Board members, event committees, alumni, partnering organizations, and funders
- Oversee other ACE Chicago contract and consultant staff including program coordinator, Design Build director, and fundraising event consultants.
- Direct revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations and program expansion
- Publicize the activities of the organization, its programs and goals through a range of communications tools including web presence, media coverage, video development and external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand
- Work with the Treasurer and the Board of Directors in preparing a budget; see that the organization operates within budget guidelines
Please submit your resume and salary expectations.