- The equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems or in a closely related field.
- Minimum of two years of experience in an IT Support field.
- Experience with remediating malware infections, customizing Windows installations, writing documentation, and maintaining asset inventory.
- Working knowledge of computer technology equipment, Windows and Macintosh computer systems OS, and software applications.
- Working knowledge of server hardware/software.
- Basic working knowledge of enterprise virtualization technologies including VMWare, VDI technologies and other desktop virtualization solutions.
- Working knowledge of software and Windows systems in a networked environment using Active Directory and Group Policy Objects, along with installation and maintenance procedures.
- Ability to use internet, various IT management technologies and ticketing systems.
- Demonstrated ability to use and troubleshoot problems with Mac OS, and Windows (Desktop 7/8/10, MS Server 2008/2012/2016) computer systems.
- Demonstrated ability to use and troubleshoot problems with applications like the Microsoft Office Suite on Mac/Windows, web browsers, multimedia applications, web browser plug-ins, and other diagnostic and administrative software.
- Ability to use consultative skills to assess user needs and provide appropriate technical support for instructional applications.
- Ability to install and implement various software applications, analyze and troubleshoot system connection and interface issues, and resolve hardware and software problems.
- Ability to interpret and apply computing standards, protocols, policies, operating procedure, technical specifications, license agreements, confidentiality compliance, copyright laws, etc. to the computing environment.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate professionally, along with the ability to translate and relate technical details to staff/faculty who possess various technical proficiencies.
- Ability to manage and organize multiple tasks, interpret written information and instructions, establish and maintain effective, professional working relationships with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and members of the outside community.
- Ability to function cooperatively and productively as a member of a team.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a `mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
California State University, San Bernardino is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.
This position may be "Designated" under California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This would require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within 6 months of assuming office and every 2 years thereafter. Visit the Human Resources Conflict of Interest webpage link for additional information: http://hrd.csusb.edu/conflictInterest.html
This position adheres to CSU policies against Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Violence, including Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking. This requires completion of Sexual Violence Prevention Training within 6 months of assuming employment and on a two-year basis thereafter. (Executive Order 1096)