Summary of Job: The Executive Coordinator/Event Planner will primary provide administrative and event support to the CEO and assigned executive leaders. This position ensures the smooth coordination and completion of activities related to scheduling, correspondence, events, and complete calendar management. The Executive Coordinator/Event Planner possesses high standards of work, exercises discretion when handling confidential information, pays close attention to detail with an excellent ability to anticipate leadership needs and prioritize. The Executive Coordinator/Event Planner demonstrates understanding and commitment to RI International’s mission, vision and values through demonstrated behaviors.
Essential Job Functions
- Develops, plans, coordinates event opportunities for the CEO and Executive Team, and coordinates all services associated with events such as industry conferences, proprietary meetings, advisory meetings and international special events
- Ensures specific requirements are met for services and confirms all details relative to the functions of meetings, i.e. catering, group events, transportation, logistical needs
- Manages travel itinerary for CEO and coordinates itineraries for booked/contracted groups; schedules international travel and meetings (international and domestic)
- Manages administrative event details including, but not limited to, financial details, signage, posting of event, promotional materials, post speaker overview, distribution of attendee surveys, video distribution, where appropriate, and responding to inquiries to ensure flawless execution
- Ensures proactive scheduling of audiovisual equipment, internet service and other items relating to events; coordinates video teleconference meetings and ensured all related details are completed timely, such as arranging for IT support and other needs
- Provides communication and marketing of events via social media platforms, company websites, and industry sites in coordination with the Chief of Marketing/Communications
- Assists the Chief of Marketing/Communications with a variety of projects such as internal events, digital fliers, event blogging, maintaining social media plans; clerically, grammatically, and stylistically edits a variety of material when necessary to ensure a strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Provides technical assistance with routine computer, AV and equipment needs
- Assist in the development, design and coordination of projects
- Provides administrative support to the Executive team which may include reading, researching and routing correspondence; answering and responding to telecommunications; maintaining appointment schedules; reconciling expense reports and monthly credit card charges; filing; monitoring of supply orders, work orders and maintenance requests; obtaining signature releases; creates letters, agreements and memorandums; enters payroll related data
Safety/ Physical Environment
- Participates as a team member to provide a safe recovery environment. Utilizes infection control and other safety standards. Contributes to the cleanliness of the work place.
- Utilizes effective positive engagement and conflict resolution skills.
- Fosters personal and environmental wellness by taking care of self and maintaining environmental wellness by reporting infection and on the job injuries.
- Assesses emergency situations, notifies supervisor of actual or potential challenges, exercises judgment in stressful conditions and responds calmly and quickly. Displays teamwork during emergencies.
- Influence and improve operations which are not under direct control.
- Use problem solving methods and critical thinking to continuously improve operations.
- Actively embodies Recovery Innovations’ mission, vision and values.
- Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interest of the program and Recovery Innovations.
- Contributes and participates in continuous Quality Improvement initiatives.
- Models and practices recovery principles in all activities including hope, empowerment, responsibility, mutuality and self-determination.
- Develop new and innovative ways to improve operations of the program and to create new opportunities.
- Determine strategies to move the program and Recovery Innovations forward, set goals, create and implement action plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationship with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Serves as a representative of the organization, acts as a positive role model towards all interactions (internal/ external stakeholders and people we serve) without judgment.
- Provides assistance in a concise, informative manner, keeping a positive, courteous tone and appropriate non-verbal communication and effective listening.
- Contributes to effective teamwork by combining skills and energies in a coordinated effort with supervisors, co-workers, guests and outside agencies.
- Communicates collaboratively with inter/intra-disciplinary team members and participates in meetings.
- Develops collaborative relationships with community partners.
- Accepts feedback and contributes in an open and receptive way.
- Works independently or as part of a team; ability to interact appropriately with others.
- Speak, listen and write clearing, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Focus on Service Participant Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of the internal and external customers to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
- Understand ethical behavior and business practices and ensure that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
- Provide a safe and nurturing environment with an emphasis on respect, diversity, acceptance and compassion.
- An ability to interact effectively within the context of the cultural beliefs, behaviors, language and needs.
- Develops and maintain accurate community resources for education, information and referrals appropriate to guests needs