Nursing MSN Track Coordinator
Staff - Unclassified
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time, managerial position, and days of work and hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 pm. Note: This position is in the "NL" category of employment (non-fixed work week) and individuals in this role have no claim or entitlement to time off or cash compensation for hours worked beyond their normal schedule. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. It is the policy of the College to grant hour for hour compensatory time off, with advance approval, only when employees are required to work on a regularly scheduled day off, Saturday, Sunday or a holiday. Time earned must be used within one fiscal year from the time it is earned.
RAMAPO COLLEGE OF NEW JERSEY:
Mission: Ramapo College of New Jersey is New Jersey's Public Liberal Arts College, dedicated to providing students a strong foundation for a lifetime of achievement. The College is committed to academic excellence through interdisciplinary and experiential learning, and international and intercultural understanding. Ramapo College emphasizes teaching and individual attention to all students. We promote diversity, inclusiveness, sustainability, student engagement, and community involvement.
Established in 1969, Ramapo College of New Jersey has an enrollment of 5,000 students and offers bachelor's degrees in the arts, business, humanities, social sciences and the sciences, as well as in professional studies, which include nursing and social work. In addition, Ramapo College offers courses leading to teacher certification at the elementary and secondary levels. The College also offers eight graduate programs as well as articulated programs with Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, New York Chiropractic College, New York University College of Dentistry, SUNY State College of Optometry and New York College of Podiatric Medicine. The College is ranked as fifth in the Best Regional Public Universities North category by U.S. News & World Report.
Undergraduate students choose to concentrate their studies in one of five schools with more than 539 course offerings and 36 academic programs. Ramapo College boasts an average student/faculty ratio of 18:1 and average class size of 23, affording students the opportunity to develop close ties to the College's exceptional faculty.
Reports to the Assistant Dean in Charge of Nursing. Track Coordinator will be responsible for implementation and evaluation of the clinical practicum courses.
The Role of the Track Coordinator
Primary responsibilities are:
• To collaborate with faculty in course development;
• Participate in the presentation of theoretical and clinical content
• Use technology-based teaching resources to foster learning and assessment
• Participate in college, professional, scholarly, and community service activities
• Oversee clinical practicum courses
Other responsibilities include:
• Maintains compliance with specialized and regionalized accreditation standards
• Maintains compliance with state boards of nursing and education regulations
• Collects information and prepares reports as required by accrediting and regulating agencies
• Collaborates with track faculty to design, implement, evaluate, and revise the MSN curriculum and oversee scholarly activities in this area
• May teach three didactic courses across twelve months
• Provides oversight of clinical courses as needed
• Monitors the progress of all students in the clinical practicum
• Works to ensure high quality preceptors and clinical sites based on student needs, program outcomes, and accreditation requirements to support the graduate program
• Determines the number of preceptors needed for the each semester and initiates letters of agreement for all preceptors by the start of each semester
• Orients preceptors to their roles and responsibilities
• Facilitates placement of students in appropriate clinical sites and notifies students of their assigned preceptor
• Maintains ongoing collaborative relationships with clinical preceptors and sites
• Develops new clinical sites and preceptors based on program needs
• Verifies that all clinical contracts are current and have been initiated before a student begins clinical at a new site
• Facilitates the evaluation of preceptors and clinical sites
• Maintains expertise, licensing, and own re-certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner through workshops, conferences, formal classes and/or clinical practice
• Promotes the mission, core values, and strategic goals of the college
• Certified Family Nurse Practitioner
• Licensed as an APN in New Jersey
• Current FNP Practice preferred
• Doctoral Degree in Nursing preferred
• Minimum of two years of teaching experience
Ramapo College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Ramapo has a long history of advocating, advising, and supporting diversity, equity, and inclusiveness. Examples can be found in its mission statement, strategic plans, degree and course offerings, community outreach programs, the Diversity Action Committee offerings, and the other numerous diversity conferences and programs. Ramapo's commitment to diversity and inclusion is infused across all facets of the College; where the environment is welcoming, dedicated to social justice, respectful of freedom of expression, focused on educating and having an ongoing conversation regarding cultural competence and the benefits and importance of diversity.
Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae