The Florida State University seeks a creative, enthusiastic, and innovative law librarian to serve as the Research & Access Services Librarian. This position is responsible for providing research and reference support to our faculty and students, supervising our circulation department, and will join our teaching team. This librarian will be part of a highly collaborative, forward-thinking library that is a valued contributor to the College of Law’s mission. The ideal candidate will have experience working with faculty, students, and/or attorneys in a challenging, service-oriented environment, demonstrate excellent teaching skills, have a history of effective leadership, have excellent communication skills, and thrive in a team environment.
- Supports faculty and student research and scholarship; provides in-depth research assistance at the reference desk, via email, and in-person consultations.
- Manages the circulation department. Provides leadership and guidance to a diverse and motivated team of full-time staff and student workers; fosters a positive and collaborative work environment.
- Participates in the legal research curriculum. Provides instruction via workshops, guest lectures, and for-credit upper-level research courses. Delivers instruction in a variety of formats, including fully online, hybrid or blended, and face-to-face instruction.
- Supervises stack and collection maintenance in cooperation with the Resource Librarian.
- Prepares and maintains research guides, specialized course resources, and research resources for other law school departments.
- Participates in outreach and marketing of library services and resources to faculty and students.
- Contributes to the College of Law and the profession through substantive involvement in committee work, research, publishing, and/or participation in professional organizations.
- Represents the Research Center on various college, campus, and library system committees and at various meetings and other functions. Facilitates collaborative relationships within the College of Law and with a variety campus partners.
- Other duties as assigned.
To apply, please go to https://jobs.fsu.edu and search for Job ID 41638.
Applications received by May 26, 2017 will receive full consideration.