POSITION SUMMARY: The Director, Health and Wellness Programs is responsible for planning, implementing, and evaluating health promotion strategies, policies, programs, and services that address the needs of performing artists and musicians. Reporting to the Associate Dean, Health and Wellness, this position works in partnership with the Director, Counseling Services, and collaborates with key stakeholders on and off campus to develop and implement a comprehensive, multidisciplinary, holistic wellness program.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:)
- Provide strategic leadership to the staff and programs in the Health and Wellness area.
- Serve as grant manager to the Reach Out program, a donor-funded initiative that aims to promote, encourage, and support healthy behaviors and decision-making for Berklee students, specifically in the areas of substance use and abuse, sexual assault and interpersonal violence and abuse; and mental health awareness.
- Provide oversight and leadership to 2 professional staff members, 1 graduate intern in health education or related field, and 5 student employees.
- Implement wellness programming including workshops and passive programming for students related to physical health, alcohol and drug abuse, body image, sexual health, and other relevant wellness topics.
- Provide individual wellness consultation and referral for students around health and wellness concerns.
- Assist students in accessing medical care and in understanding health insurance and medical bills.
- Implement and analyze the National College Health Assessment and other assessment tools, such as surveys, statistics, and focus groups, and report outcomes to stakeholders.
- Update and distribute departmental program descriptions and outreach materials, including brochures, handouts, and web site related to counseling and wellness services on campus.
- Communicate with faculty and staff to assess wellness concerns on campus and develop programs to address these issues.
- Oversee comprehensive alcohol prevention program composed of Think About It online alcohol prevention course, BASICS sessions, and campus programming.
- Work in Partnership with the Risk Management Department, and Enrollment Services in the assessment and negotiation of student health insurance plan. Oversee enrollment processes and work with students on issues and concerns related to the student health insurance program.
- Develop and manage the Wellness Services budget.
- Administer student immunization program.
- Oversee on-campus contractors, including Physical Therapy, Massage, Yoga, Nutritionist and Alexander Technique providers.
- Oversee contract and delivery of health services at Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates. Act as a clinical liaison with HVMA concerning medical care, access to appointments and providers, billing and contract issues.
- Provide information on communicable diseases to the Berklee community when necessary and act in a liaison role with City and Commonwealth Public Health officials during emergencies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: The Director will provide direct oversight and leadership to 2 professional staff, 1 graduate intern in health education or related field and student health/wellness staff.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Supervisors are responsible for maintaining an environment that is free from discrimination, intimidation, coercion or harassment, including sexual harassment. Work is performed indoors and primarily in an office setting. The noise level is usually low to moderate. While performing the duties of this position, the employee may be required to travel.