Charles River is a 100% employee-owned company, encouraging employee participation, innovation, and responsibility, and we are proud to have been recently selected as one of the Boston Business Journal’s 2017 Best Places to Work in Boston!
We are looking for a Technical Writer to help us produce documentation for Science and Technology R&D projects. As a Technical Writer at Charles River Analytics, you will be responsible for creating technical documentation for our projects, including final reports and user guides. You will also have significant editing responsibilities for other written deliverables, including proposals and marketing materials.
The successful candidate has an academic or professional background in a STEM field with a deep interest in writing, or is an experienced writer of scientific, medical, or technical content. You must enjoy working independently, be self-motivated, and love to learn about scientific domains and technologies. You must be able to handle concurrent assignments that have quick turnaround times under strict deadlines with a professional and positive attitude.
This position requires a flexible work schedule; work occasionally occurs after normal business hours to meet anticipated delivery deadlines.
- Create documentation for projects across many scientific areas of research
- Convert highly technical source materials into an easy-to-understand and streamlined narrative
- Edit proposals and deliverables so that the content is direct, easy to read, and compelling, while maintaining technical accuracy
- Support the training of technical staff on technical writing best practices
- Ensure that deliverables meet contractual requirements