University of Maryland Baltimore currently has an opening for a Contract and Grant Associate to work within the School of Medicine, Department of Neurology. Under general supervision, the selected candidate provides para-professional support related to contract and grant proposal submission, receipt of awards, development of subcontract agreements, and the coordination of clinical testing and other agreements. Assists staff and faculty in development of grant and contract requests. Utilizes Kuali Coeus software to enter and route external and internal documents, agreements, contracts and applications to the appropriate university officials for final submission to the sponsoring company, foundation or funding agency. Assists in developing budgets for grant and contracts and monitors for compliance. Ensures proper spending of research funding and works closely with faculty and staff to directly align expenses.
UMB offers a generous benefits package that starts with 11 vacation days, 14 floating and holidays, 15 sick days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any of the University System of Maryland schools.
1. Conducts initial assessment of grant applications to ensure compliance with complex federal government, state, and university laws, statutes, policies, and procedures.
2. Coordinates process to ensure correct forms are used; forms are fully completed with appropriate signatures; instructions have been followed precisely; and all elements of the proposal are included.
3. Prepares a variety of agreements such as clinical testing, materials transfer, and confidential disclosure for review and approval by the Contract and Grant Administrator.
4. Compares new agreements to identify changes from pre-existing agreements and highlights changes for administrator review.
5. Submits external documents and/or agreements to sponsoring company or funding agency. Provides internal follow up/tracking system for campus projects. Ensures receipt of the institution copy of all submittal and copies of final document/agreement.
6. Develops tracking system for subcontracts; obtains copy of scope of work and budget; prepares subcontract document; prepares purchase order; drafts cover letter; tracks return of signed agreement; and sends copy of contract to the institution.
7. Modifies agreements and subcontracts according to changes negotiated by Contract and Grant Administrator.
8. Composes and signs correspondence in response to general inquiries regarding sponsored programs.
9. Independently handles procedural and substantive matters not requiring technical knowledge.
10. Researches proposal opportunities and prepares announcements, newsletters, and other communications.
11. Assists in developing and presenting information workshops and/or seminars on sponsored programs, processes and activities.
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.