Regional Campus: Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences (RBHS)
Posting Number: 17ST2069
Job Type: Full Time
Rutgers School of Health Professions (SHP) is seeking a User Support Specialist IV for the Department of Technology Services on the Blackwood Campus. The User Support Specialist IV provides support to the School's end user community in the operation, maintenance and technical support of all software, hardware, peripherals and audiovisual equipment in use by SHP faculty, staff and students.
- Responsible for all hardware, software as well as technical support, maintenance and operation of the SHP computers and devices, including, desktop and portable computers, network printers, audiovisual equipment and other interfaces.
- Ensures constant connectivity of all computers and peripherals to the active directory domain and other Rutgers network resources; solve promptly all login and access problems including all client-server software applications.
- Maintains accurate documentation of all software applications, system hardware and peripherals.
- Responds to service and emergency requests through the prevalent ticketing system in a timely manner.
- Provides needed assistance to other Technical Support Services staff in the maintenance and support of software, hardware, audio-visual and AV equipped rooms, videoconferencing and other support needs of the School.
Home Location Campus: Off Campus
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must effectively articulate technical concepts, both verbally and in writing, to people in non-technical positions.
- Must be highly motivated, team-oriented, flexible, organized, detail-oriented, capable of on-the-job learning, and focused on completing projects in a timely manner.
- Requires demonstrated ability to work with multiple constituencies, juggle multiple projects and perform on multiple teams, while providing exceptional customer service.
Department: SHP-Technology Services