| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
RN Case Manager- International Center
Hours: 8 hour days (Monday – Friday) (Telephonic position after 3-6 month office orientation)
Patients traveling to Memorial Sloan Kettering from outside the United States are accommodated through the Bobst International Center, which provides a comfortable place for international patients and their families to coordinate their clinical and personal needs. Before a patient’s arrival, specially trained staff members assemble the medical information physicians need to arrange an on-site consultation or medical care.
- Providers of compassionate, evidence-based nursing care to Oncology patients and families living with cancer in a healing and innovative environment
- Action-oriented and eager to embrace new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Effectively builds formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization.
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that maintain high standards of patient care within the organization.
- Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged, using both formal and informal development
- Approachable and comfortable with diverse groups of people and able to make others comfortable with you.
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding.
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric
- Team player
- Flexible and willing to re-prioritize assignments if needed to meet departmental goals.
- Provide case management for a caseload of foreign patients seeking medical treatment.
- Interface with International Center Guest Services and other MSK Departments to ensure timely service delivery.
- Identify level of treatment and determine related cost for treatment prior to treatment or
- Coordinate with Foreign Embassies and MSKCC billing departments to obtain authorizations for treatment and reimbursement.
- Perform regular concurrent review on patients and follow International Center patients in their respective treatment settings.
- Coordinate with the hospital discharge planner and clinical team to assist and facilitate the discharge needs of the patient for prompt discharge.
- Act as part of a multidisciplinary team to provide continuity of care throughout various stages of treatment and followup.
- Communicate with the clinical team members; physicians, clinical nursing staff, physician assistants, and research team regarding ongoing patient care.
- Current NYS Registered Nurse License/Registration
- Bachelors degree- Health related field or BSN degree preferred
- 3 or more years of clinical hospital experience required
- Oncology experience preferred
- Managed care/Utilization Review/Case Management experience strongly preferred
- Knowledge of hospital and physician billing strongly preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving and communication skills essential
- Case Management Certification preferred
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook)
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.