| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Department of Anesthesiology & Critical Care Medicine is responsible for all forms of anesthesia administered for both inpatient and outpatient procedures, care of our most critically ill patients through the Critical Care Center, acute and chronic pain management, and Respiratory Therapy modalities. We are currently seeking an Administrative Manager to oversee the daily operations and activities of the administrative and medical support to ensure efficient and effective operations and quality patient care.
As an Administrative Manager, you will:
- Maintain costs within the budget and monitors variances including approving requests that have a financial impact (e.g., check/tuition reimbursement requests, overtime expenditure, supplies, equipment, and temporary employee requests) for conformance to budget.
- Manage interviewing, hiring and training of new employees, as well as the ongoing training of existing employees.
- Guide the functions and activities of staff in assigned services including evaluating performance and making recommendations for personnel actions. Respond to employee questions and provides guidance on how to proceed.
- Assist the Administrator on advising clinical service chiefs, supervisors, technical managers and employees on how best to apply and enforce Center policy with regard to job problems, employee grievances, disciplinary matters and other personnel action.
- Maintain responsibility for the overall planning and operations of physician’s offices. Coordinate resources and staff to ensure efficient and quality patient care activity. Communicate and ensures compliance with institutional/departmental policies and procedures, quality standards and improvement initiatives, safety standards and external legal regulations.
- Working with the departments Chair of Quality Assurance, perform duties related to quality assurance for the Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine.
- Assist with internal and external special projects and other job-related activities as assigned by the Administrator. May also assume the duties of the Administrator when needed.
- Someone with a proven ability to maneuver effectively through a complex environment, dealing comfortably with ambiguity and change.
- Adept at creating partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives and goals.
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Consistently achieving results, remaining able to hold yourself and others accountable in order to accomplish goals and live up to commitments
- Able to build effective teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree with 4 -7 years of experience in a regulated or patient care environment. Master's degree strongly preferred.
- The ability to lead and manage others. Experience with addressing and managing personnel issues.
- Skills to develop, facilitate, and orchestrate effective communication with all members of the Center.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.