Requisition ID: req1470
Job Title: Project Specialist- Office of the President
Department: Office of the President
Location: Columbus Campus
Employment Type: Staff
Employment Status: Externally Funded
Bargaining Unit: Non-Bargaining Unit
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Compensation Type: Hourly
Schedule: M-F 8am-5pm
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below. Reasonable accommodations will be made for persons with disabilities, covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, in accordance with its requirements.
Duties are numbered for convenience, and do not indicate order in terms of importance, frequency that the duty is performed, or the amount of time spent on the duty.
1) Provides a wide variety of administrative tasks to support and incrementally advances assigned projects toward accomplishment of goals and desired results.
2) Establishes and organizes systems for monitoring and tracking project progress. Collects information, maintains project records, prepares reports and creates charts and graphs to document and communicate progress and results. Manages the process and mechanics of assigned projects, and monitors progression.
3) Maintains effective working relationships with project stakeholders. Influences and provides support to colleagues, contractors, and others involved in components of the project to ensure that project progresses according to plan, and that results comply with expected standards.
4) Maintains confidential and sensitive information.
5) Works assigned schedule, exhibits regular and predictable attendance and works overtime as required and approved to meet workload demands.
6) Performs other related duties as required.
Usual Physical Demands: The incumbent of this position typically exhibits the physical demands identified in the Functional Job Analysis on file in the College's Human Resources Department and which is periodically reviewed and updated. Physical demands listed in the Functional Job Analysis are not job qualification standards, but are used to help the College assess and determine reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified individuals covered by the American's with Disabilities Act.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly exhibits digital dexterity when entering data into computer. The employee frequently sits for extended periods of time, and occasionally stands and walks. Vision demands include close, relatively detailed vision when focusing on a computer screen. Employee regularly talks and hears. Employee occasionally lifts items up to 10 pounds.
Working Conditions: Normal office working conditions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of: higher education; projects administration; office practices and procedures. Skill in: organizing; maintaining project records; creating project management charts and graphs; application of job related computer software; preparing reports; production typing. Ability to: work effectively with others to positively influence project progress and results; develop and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, supervisors, students, general public, and other job contacts; maintain confidential and sensitive information.
Bachelor's Degree with at least one year of higher ed experience. State Motor Vehicle Operator's License or demonstrable ability to gain access to work site(s).