| EOE Statement:|
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location:
This position is in the Office of Medical Student Education. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Provides administrative support to the Electives office and data entry support for Narrative Assessment.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in gathering required application materials for WUSM student away rotation applications (generating letters of good standing from a template, obtaining appropriate signatures or school seals, collecting application materials from several sources, verifying application completion, and mailing documents to meet a deadline).
- Become an important part of the visiting student application review process by assisting with the “application checklist” duties, including but not limited to: collecting visiting student immunization records (PDF) and sending to Student Health Services for review, providing faculty members with visiting student applications for review or requests for acceptance via email, requesting temporary EMR access codes or visiting student ID badges, compiling and organizing student demographic data, and assisting with related troubleshooting of these processes.
- Assist with the visiting student evaluation process, including: obtaining home institution evaluations from the students, distributing them to supervising faculty members, returning the completed evaluations to home institutions based upon their preferences, and providing any necessary reminders or troubleshooting assistance.
- Setup of outcomes and Rubrics and data entry
- Creation and administration of narrative assessments for AY17-18 Support for data management
- Transfer of data to outcomes tool.
- Creation and administration of new SP student assignments for AY17-18 Data management (integration of SP data into common system used in pre-clinical effort
- Assist with Shelf exams (16 dates per year.)
- Admin support to generate reports needed for LCME
- Assist as needed in Office of Education and Office of Medical Student Education
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred, preferably in a Computer Science or Business related discipline.
- Equivalent combination of education and/or work experience acceptable.
- Must have experience with Access database development and maintenance.
- Experience with web development and management desired, knowledge of grant application process preferred
- Strong personal interaction and communication skills are essential.
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities and exhibit good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to design, analyze and maintain database reports required.
- Attention to detail essential.
The hiring range for this position is commensurate with experience.
-Retirement Savings Plan
-22 vacation days
-8 Paid Holidays
-Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
-Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
-Free Life Insurance
-Health, Dental, Vision
-Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
-Long Term Disability Insurance
-Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Internal Applicant Instruction:
This position is grade G08.
Please attach a copy of your most current signed performance evaluation (completed within the last 18 months) to your online account. If you have not received a performance evaluation, you may provide two current signed letters of recommendation (written within the last 18 months), preferably to include one letter from either a current or recent former supervisor. To attach these documents, go to: My Career Tools, Add Attachment, Attachment Type – Performance Reviews or Letters of Recommendation.
Applicant Special Instructions:
This is a time limited position for one year.