| EOE Statement:|
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location:
This position is in the Department of Neurology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position provides assistance to faculty/fellows with data and file storage for clinical studies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist PI/Postdoc fellow with preparation of Study experimental materials.
- Transferring files and neuroimaging data to appropriate server on a routine basis
- Review study database (Redcap, CNDA, etc.) to make sure all data has been entered. Provide routine data entry and checking, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Observe how to run scripts from image processing under PI and Postdocs. Use existing analytic software packages (e.g., Freesurfer and others) to prepare acquired data for analysis by the research staff of the laboratory; complete statistical computing of image analysis, neuoropsychological assessments, demographics and other data to assist the laboratory team.
- Provide the testing questionnaires to study participants when they arrive for appointment
- Assist with manuscript and grant preparation and reporting as necessary.
High school diploma; Some college, some knowledge of scripting language and/or coding exposure.
- Related undergraduate degree. Previous academic research experience and familiarity with neuroimaging is strongly preferred but not required.
- Strong facility with statistical analyses is also a plus.
- Ability to develop and write new analytic software is preferred.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated technical ability including effective skills in using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree or significant study in neurosciences, computer sciences, psychology, or other related fields.
- Competence in at least one programming language / environment (e.g., MATLAB, UNIX, R, Python, C [C++, C#]) is crucial for success in this role.
- Experience with statistical computing (e.g., R, SPSS, SAS) is preferred.
- Previous experience with neuroimaging analysis platforms (e.g., FreeSurfer, FSL, AFNI, SPM) is preferred.
The hiring range for this position is $12.00 - $15.35 per hour.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits.� Please visit our website at http://hr.wustl.edu to view a summary of benefits.
Internal Applicant Instruction:
This position is grade R04.
Please attach a copy of your most current signed performance evaluation (completed within the last 18 months) to your online account. If you have not received a performance evaluation, you may provide two current signed letters of recommendation (written within the last 18 months), preferably to include one letter from either a current or recent former supervisor. To attach these documents, go to: My Career Tools, Add Attachment, Attachment Type – Performance Reviews or Letters of Recommendation.