The Coordinator of Student and Employee Accessibility Services (SEAS) will coordinate services and accommodations for students, staff and faculty registered with the SEAS office as well as visitors to the campus. Serves as the primary SEAS of the day (SOD) professional staff member: provides initial point of contact for and handling inquiries from students, faculty, staff, and parents, and responds to urgent or emergent needs. The Coordinator will manage the day-to-day workflow of the exam accommodation system including working directly with faculty, hiring and training proctors and scribes, and resolving problems when they occur. The Coordinator will also manage services and accommodations for Summer@Brown participants and School of Professional Studies students, will manage the SEAS web site, and maintain Assistive Technology. Highest demand periods of the academic calendar may require weekend and evening work. This is a one year, fixed term position.
- Bachelorâ??s degree required, master's degree preferred. Degree in Education, Counseling, Higher Education, Social Work, Psychology, Rehabilitation Services or related field preferred.
- Experience in higher education working with students, staff and faculty with disabilities preferred.
- Knowledge of disability legislation (including ADA and Section 504), regulations and current access issues preferred.
- Experience with determination of qualifying disabilities and appropriate/reasonable accommodations preferred.
- Demonstrated experience and success working in a multicultural environment with a clear understanding of the issues of diversity in both student and workplace settings required.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks and effectively prioritize is required.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism is required.
- Ability to maintain accurate records and be very detail-oriented in the implementation of projects, programs and services is required.
- Ability to solve problems and follow through to completion required.
- Ability to utilize assistive technology to support students, faculty and staff.
- Strong interpersonal skills for communicating with supervisor, co-workers, students, faculty, staff, parents and students.
- Ability to oversee student workers.
- Flexibility to evolve with changing SEAS programs.
- Evidence of cultural competence and inclusiveness; sensitivity to and understanding of diverse perspectives that students and staff bring to their work, including those of academic, socioeconomic, culture, race and ethnicity, ability, gender, sexuality, and intersectional identities.
Applicants are asked to submit a resume and cover letter.
Background Check: criminal and education verification
Recruiting Start Date:2017-05-03-07:00
Job Posting Title:Coordinator of Student and Employee Accessibility Services
Department:Campus Life & Student Services
Worker Sub-Type:Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.