NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Quality Improvement &Standards Manager, Ambulatory Operations.
Reporting to the Director, Clinical Ambulatory Operations, the successful candidate is responsible for acting as a resource to actively promote a culture of quality and safety throughout the FGP Ambulatory facilities. Participates in the development and management of Quality Improvement projects, incorporating standards according to the Joint Commission, NYS DOH and coordinates and oversees other regulatory related responsibilities as assigned.
- Collaborates with pertinent departments within the medical center to achieve compliance with standards and regulations.
- Reviews policy and procedure manuals.
- Assists with CLIA and CLEP
- Oversees the submission and renewal of licenses, certificates and continuing education.
- Tracks accreditations of the different modalities to ensure timely submission.
- Manages the collection of checklists, logs, surveys, and all other documentation to meet the required standards of care. Disseminates pertinent information to all facilities
- Coordinates and serves as a resource for occurrence review.
- Conduct regular environmental inspections with department supervisors to ensure compliance.
- Organize and establish in-services for ambulatory staff.
- Trains, coaches and/or mentors staff in the methods and tools of continuous quality improvement and root cause analysis.
- Participates in enforcing the regulations governing a multi-specialty ambulatory clinical care center in accordance with article 28 regulations.
- Reviews and disseminates information pertaining to Joint Commission and NYS DOH compliance activities.
- Oversee AAASF recertification for ambulatory sites.
- Coordinate AAAASF accreditation for new ambulatory sites.
- Serve as on and off site resource to improve clinical operations through process improvement, strategic planning, managing change in the workplace and building teams
- Identifies need for and assists in design, implementation and monitoring of operational processes/activities to assure compliance with standards and facilitate ongoing survey readiness.
- Assists with other regulatory responsibilities as assigned.
To qualify you must have a Bachelors degree (Masters in healthcare strongly preferred) RN preferred
Five years minimum experience in healthcare operations/ emphasis on healthcare regulations and physician practice operations
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Ability to multi-task and oversee simultaneous projects
Strong interpersonal skills
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.