NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Nurse Manager for the Perlmutter Cancer Center-Huntington Infusion.
In this role, the successful candidate Responsible for the coordination of service operations at multiple sites of the Cancer Center. Ensure that high quality service is provided and maintained by professionals within assigned departments. Provides leadership to staff in conjunction with the goals and strategic plan of the Cancer Center and Medical Center
- Exercises oversight of department fiscal affairs, including accountability for budgets.
- Supervises department employees, including responsibility for hiring, assignment of work, orientation, coaching, training, performance and competency evaluation, compensation, discipline and termination of employment. Promotes collaborative teamwork and open communication.
- Collaborates with other managers in cross-functional process improvement and problem solving to ensure the effective coordination of services within and between departments.
- Supervises the delivery of department services and a comprehensive quality assurance program to ensure accurate and valid outcomes and continuous improvement of service quality for all customers. Ensures compliance with federal and State laws, accreditation, professional and regulatory agency standards, including safety and licensure requirements within the department and with Medical Center policies, procedures and protocols.
- In collaboration with the Executive Director and host hospital staff, develops business and operational plans for the division and for specific programs and services within it.Evaluates and introduces new procedures and instruments for the diagnostic and/or therapeutic processes for patient and client population.
- Recommends staffing, trains/orients and assigns staff ( either directly or through subordinate managers). Fosters the values and supports the objectives of the Cancer Center and the objectives of the Medical Center within the System and acts as a positive role model.
- Consult and informs Sr. Administrative Director of problems related to the operation of departments; recommend changes in policies to carry out Cancer Center/Medical Center objectives.
- Provides management of assigned staff through multiple practice managers and supervisors. Provides assistance to subordinates and colleagues in establishing department philosophy/objectives and policies and procedures. Consults with and advises department staff on a routine basis.
- Provides and maintains effective, collaborative communications with the Cancer Center management team, staff, medical staff, Medical Center and community at large. Facilitates management and staff participation in Cancer Center operations and NYU programs.
- Develops, nourishes, and preserves sound working relations with physicians, nurses, and health team members. Ensures the efficient, economic, and competent performance of assigned departments of responsibility to enable the provision of quality health care services in a cost effective/market competitiveness environment. Facilitates optimal cost effective operations.
- Manages overall service goals and objectives at multiple clinical cancer center sites. Facilitates strategic planning, policy formation, human resource management and organization, financial performance, for programs/services under their management. Ensures quality and performance improvement support necessary for optimal cost effective care.
To qualify you must have a Demonstrated effective leadership and supervisory experience in technical and specialty field. Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the trends and forces shaping the health care delivery system, the provision of care, and other emerging issues in healthcare management. Demonstrated flexibility and initiative of effectively lead change efforts to respond to environmental or organizational change. Demonstrated superior interpersonal and communication skills. Demonstrated fiscal management capabilities, including effective expense reduction, utilization management, and budget control. Proven personnel management strength including demonstrated ability to select, motivate, develop, evaluate performance, discipline and promote collaborative team efforts
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.