NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Senior Project Manager.
The mission of the Real Estate Development and Facilities (RED+F) Department is to plan, develop, operate and maintain the campus of the NYU Langone Medical Center (NYULMC) and provide the foundation for its growth and success in the 21st century. The RED+F Department provides strategic campus planning and project development services, including architectural studies, programming, design, construction and associated infrastructure and technological upgrades, for new structures and renovations to existing structures on the NYULMC campus. The RED+F Department also operates and manages all facilities, infrastructure and related support services across the Medical Center. RED+F is composed of the Real Estate, Housing, Planning & Project Development, Facilities Operations & Management, Finance & Administration, Campus Security, Environmental Services, Environmental Health & Safety, Radiation Safety and Clinical Engineering divisions. This position requires the candidate to lead, develop and manage a project team, and create a project plan, including project definition, scope and budgets, and incorporating input from appropriate team members, consultants and clients. This position is responsible for overall projects from Project Planning & Design through Construction and completion.
- Good judgment and reasoning ability, enabling problem solving with a variety of options in varying situations. Ability to take initiative and make decisions with in-depth understanding and interpretation of procedures, company policies and business practices to achieve complex results.
- Knowledge of financial terms and principles, and ability to conduct complex financial/business analysis including the preparation of complex reports, as well as to prepare and manage project/departmental budgets.
- Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with employees and client groups to take desired action.
- Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to employees, clients, top management and/or public groups.
- Ability to write reports, manuals, speeches and articles using a distinctive style.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive issues.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze and interpret complex business documents.
- Strong communications and relationship building skills.
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
- Ability to set and be accountable for department deadlines.
- Ability and willingness to perform periodic inspections of job site conditions and project progress, which might result in temporary exposure to unsafe conditions (i.e. climbing stairs and ladders to access areas throughout off-site properties and superblock campus, accessing roofs, inspecting mechanical equipment rooms and electrical rooms).
- Ability to maintain interface with client and internal business units, ensuring total contract compliance with all criteria and reaching all performance specifications, including quantitative cost savings specifications plus qualitative customer service specifications.
- Strong project management skills including design, construction, occupancy, and budget management. Specifics include interfacing with clients to define project requirements. Establishes project work plan and deadlines. Creates persuasive presentations that meet the projects objectives. Qualifies contractors by reviewing bids and related documents. Facilitates client meetings regard project matters. Represents client with Architects, vendors, consultants and regulatory agencies. Oversee consultants and contractors, contingent on project scope and size. Develop and maintain successful customer relations and ensure the smooth integration and delivery of projects.
- Ensure accessibility to construction sites, including the coordination of schedules with NYU hospital and school functions.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the organizations Service Standards and incorporate them into the performance of duties.
- Review documents for compliance with NYU standards and site conditions.
- Participate in cost control activities by seeking the most effective method of delivering services.
- Lead project team meetings with NYU in-house personnel to schedule work, coordinate shutdowns, tie-ins and contractor access.
- Ad hoc projects as assigned.
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree (BA/BS), preferably in Construction Management, Engineering or Architecture, or the equivalent combination of education and experience, or an advanced degree in Business, Planning & Design, Construction Management, Engineering or Architecture.
- 7+ years work experience in project management required.
- 5+ years managerial experience required.
- Experience working on at least two sides of the business (i.e., consultant, owner, owner rep, contract/architect, contractor, engineer) required.
- Experience in related fields preferred.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.