Reporting to the Associate Director for Strategy and Analytics and under the vision and direction of the Chief Cancer Information Officer, provide senior level analytic, operational and project management oversight for oncology and pediatric strategy and analytics initiatives. Work with customers to analyze business needs and provide solutions. Help identify and assess potential data sources. Develop data models used for reporting and analytics.
Value-based Care and Oncology Care Model (OCM)
Â· Provide analytic support and oversee new initiatives in oncology for value-based care
Â· Develop risk stratification models for new bundles
Â· Perform financial impact of ED/inpatient stays in âreal timeâ
Â· Develop and maintain service utilization dashboard
Â· Refinement of Oncology Care Model cost-of-care estimates (in collaboration with Decision Support)
Â· Develop, analyze and report on other internal operational and leading/lagging measures with expansion to non-OCM patients as well
Â· Develop and implement tool or application for accessing and analyzing data
Â· Refine tools and methodology post-Epic âgo-liveâ
Â· Develop Tableau dashboards
o catchment area
o clinical trials performance measures for executive leadership
o clinical trial billing compliance
o clinical trial team performance measures
Â· Work with managers and functional analysts to understand and prioritize user requirements
Â· Customize tools and data sets for use by different types of data consumers
Â· Manage user access to dashboards
Cancer Registry and Transplant Registry support
Â· Define reports to meet userâs needs
Â· Develop tools to view data
Â· Develop tools/methodology for âabstractingâ and reporting registry data more efficiently
Â· Refine tools and methodology post-Epic âgo-liveâ
Strategy and Analytics Initiatives
Â· Big Data Consortia
Â· Provide analytic and informatics support for data sharing with national consortia
Â· Collaborate with investigators and BioVU colleagues as needed
Â· Develop informatics tools and strategic growth opportunities for Molecular Oncology Consult Service across VHAN
Â· With Associate Director and CCIO, lead efforts to integrate analytics into clinical operations and decision support
Â· With Executive Director of Administration and Associate Director, develop financial and operational models for strategic growth of VICC
Â· Provide analytical support for projects identifying opportunities to reduce costs through optimizing utilization and physician variability.
Â· Develop relevant metrics and performance indicators
Collaborate with relevant groups at Children's and throughout the enterprise to develop ongoing reporting and performance monitoring capabilities
Provides leadership in the technical architecture and design of BI solutions. Works with customers to analyze business need and provide solutions. Designs data models used for reporting and analytics, develops ETL processes for data, and utilizes BI tools to satisfy end user data needs. Coaches the development of others on BI team. For more information regarding the physical requirements and environmental conditions for this job, please click here.
Key Functions and Expected Performances:
- Core Accountabilities:
- Organizational Impact: Delivers projects/assignments that have a direct impact on goals/objectives of the unit/department that the job is in
- Problem Solving/Complexity of Work: Conducts extensive analysis of situations or data to resolve numerous, complex issues; may involve the input/work of others
- Breadth of Knowledge: Has in-depth level of knowledge within a professional area and working knowledge of other areas
- Team Interaction: May lead mid-sized project projects; coaches and guides team members
- Key Responsibilities:
- Serves technical leadership role in areas of BI Tools, ETL processes and data design.
- Ensures appropriate documentation for all development and modification.
- Ensures integrity and security of institutional data.
- Core Capabilities: Supporting Colleagues
- Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships
- Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences
- Core Capabilities: Delivering Excellent Services
- Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them
- Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness
- Core Capabilities: Ensuring High Quality
- Performs excellent work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly
- Ensures continuous improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them
- Fulfills safety and regulatory requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring
- Core Capabilities: Managing Resources Effectively
- Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities
- Core Capabilities: Fostering Innovation
- Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches
- Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges
- Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements
- Technical Capabilities:
- Business Intelligence Tools: Is a recognized expert and authority in all facets of the tool. Often sought out for help and advice in resolving difficult issues regarding the use and impact of the tool. Develops and implements creative, unique solutions for company-wide usage of the tool. May have successfully completed advanced certification and/or curriculum fulfillment.
- Data Marts: Demonstrates expertise in resolving challenging problems involving the application of the skill. Is capable of educating other people in efficient use of the skill. Demonstrates a thorough understanding of all components, including advanced features and functions such as custom components. Continues to remain current with new features, concepts and tools and how to apply them. May have successfully completed training resulting in basic certification and/or curriculum fulfillment.
- Data Warehousing: Provides technical assistance and guidance in designing data warehouses including creation, update, deletion and archiving of data through physical and logical paths and backup/recovery and security procedures. Takes a lead role in designing corporate, as well as local, data warehouse models Demonstrates knowledge in the utilization of hierarchical and relational databases for the organization's more complex applications. Able to synthesize local and regional data requirements into major data warehouse applications.
- ETL/ETT/ETM Tools and Process: Provides enterprise-level support in the use of the ETL/ETT/ETM tools and utilities. Designs data warehouse requirements for mission critical applications. Develops procedures and techniques for using product features effectively for corporate benefit. Stays aware of features in new releases and how they could be of benefit. Recommends implementation of new releases of currently installed ETL/ETT/ETM tools and utilities.