This Senior Healthcare Analyst individual can be physically located in any of our SSM regions within (WI, IL, OK, and MO) and will be able to work remotely at least 3-4 days a week for the right talent. We cannot consider any applicants located in states outside of our SSM regions at this time unless they are willing to relocate into one of the four states SSM is currently set up as an employer.
Performs Value Based Care analysis and projects independently related to the most critical and complex Corporate and Regional analytics, including System Wide Value Based Care analytics, Practice Variation analytics and Quality related analytics. This includes integrating data from multiple entities throughout the system into a combined and coherent analytic product reflecting cost, utilization, and/or quality as an integrated health care delivery system. In addition the incumbent must be able to analyze this integrated data to explain variation, identify opportunities, and explain trends to system leadership and various decision makers from throughout the system. Additionally, the incumbent will need to independently work directly with the Care Delivery teams across the System on analyzing and improving Value Based Care Analytics to find opportunities to reduce payer PMPM's as well as improve quality metrics. This requires a detailed understanding of how we operate as a system, as well as how each entity functions within the system, especially as it relates to providing quality and cost effective care to our member-patients. In addition this position assists Medical Analytics Leadership on the implementation of an integrated system-wide informational architecture that will improve analytic capabilities throughout the system and in the strategic planning process, mentors other Analysts on System wide projects and initiatives. To effectively fulfill these responsibilities the incumbent must possess a background in health care delivery, financial analysis, quality improvement, and information technology.
Responsible for development, design, and implementation of analytic and reporting initiatives, as well as demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and to lead project teams including less experienced analysts and business users. Work will require expert problem solving capabilities, ability to work independently, and high aptitude in accurately interpreting and executing business user requirements. Performs tasks under minimal general supervision of management staff.
Essential Job Duties:
- Professionally interacts with executives from multiple entities and in different contexts, cogently presenting politically sensitive information in furtherance of system goals.
- Responsible for analyzing health care data and utilizing the data to identify opportunities for program and business intervention and potential areas in which to reduce expense and cost and improve quality.
- Performs the necessary tasks to ensure that the deliverable presented to the customer is accurate and correct given the constraints of the request and the data environment.
- Organize your work and the work of your team to effectively plan your objective, communicate your progress and accomplish your goals.
- Develops exception reporting and conducts drill down analysis to proactively identify specific opportunities and risks that warrant assessment.
- Combines medical and financial, knowledge with technical knowledge to most appropriately answer business questions as well as to inform decisions on design and implementation of a system-wide informational infrastructure in support of future business decisions.
- Identifies business requirements and developing analytic specifications for small to large projects, through participation or leading team activities or project meetings with business customers both internal and external to SSM.
- Translates customer requirements into project descriptions, analytic and data specifications, and development of project timelines for mid-to-large sized projects or ongoing initiatives including support of cross-company/system projects.
- Applies globally proficient understanding of insurance and managed care, health care delivery, and financial accounting necessary to support analyses and to provide actionable information used to support business decisions.
- Demonstrates thorough understanding of SSM operations, capabilities, goals and strategies necessary to support system-wide Value Based Care analytics and reporting activity development and execution.
- Demonstrates strong abilities to interpret data, identify trends, establish/utilize benchmark data, and present information to executives in clear, concise, and useful formats, including data visualization and interpretation of information
- Produces well-written analytic executive summaries appropriate for presentation to senior leadership and executive staff, including Board of Directors.
- Assists the Value Based Care Medical Informatics/Analytics Leadership in developing, testing, and implementing dashboard reporting to provide senior leadership and executive staff, as well as other internal and external SSM customers, with performance data and trend information in an easily accessible and readily understandable format.
- Demonstrated experience with research, statistical and analytic techniques to facilitate effective analysis and profiling of data and information.
- Mentors other analysts by providing explanations, information training, demonstrations, and answering questions in order to develop team skills in analyzing and presenting data to facilitate decision-making.
- Expected to develop an understanding of SSM analytic environment including the data model, file structure, and field content.
- Participates in enterprise-wide business intelligence and analytic data management and best practice activities.
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical, business or scientific field with 6 years of related analytical experience in progressing roles within an organization, or Masters' degree in technical, business, or scientific field with 3-5 years of related analytical experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with related business or scientific computer data applications and strong query language knowledge.
- Extensive query language experience with common statistical software packages (e.g. SAS, SQL, Microsoft Access) with demonstrated ability to develop, test, and execute complex analytic processes
- Experience working with one or more of the following software packages: Business Objects or other similar software, WEBI or other web based analytic software.
- Analytic experience must include understanding of and experience with descriptive and inferential statistics, basic regression analysis and modeling, and survey instrument development in clinical, health care, or clinical research setting.
- Knowledge and experience working with medical and pharmacy data, provider claims data, and related coding schemas (i.e., ICD-9, CPT, HCPCS, DRG, NDC).
- Experience working with large data sets (e.g., 1-5 million records).
- Ability to lead and participate in cross departmental and/or cross-divisional analytic or project teams.
- Highly proficient oral and written communication; attentive and active listener.
- Ability to work under pressure, manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Commitment to team work and exceptional customer service.
- Continuous Learner: Curious; Desire to learn continuously, to develop oneself and keep current with business, industry, and technology trends.
- Judgment: Able to form opinions, compare solutions and make sensible decisions.
- Effective at solving problems, not just defining or identifying them.
- Ability to assess and measure a program's success or effectiveness.
- Extensive query language experience with demonstrated ability to develop, test, and execute complex analytic processes.