The Director of Patient Access is responsible for leading the patient access function for designated SCL Health care sites – providing a high level of operational effectiveness as well as customer service during the scheduling and registrations processes. This position is key to implementing initiatives, transforming patient access services across the care site, improving the patient experience as well as financial outcomes. This position will effectively direct patient access to meet identified key performance objectives. This position will build and maintain relationships with the care site CFO, site leadership and other collaborative partners in the organization in system and site initiatives.
- Collaborates with the Sr. Director of Patient Access to set the financial performance goals and determines plans, priorities, and work assignments to achieve them.
- Responsible to operate in a matrixed reporting relationship to the care site as well as to the SCL Health Revenue Cycle.
- Responsible for leading all patient access operations through collaboration and integration with internal and external partners.
- Directs and manages patient access department in a manner that delivers high quality registration services highly integrated with patient billing/financial services with the objective of lowering overall revenue cycle production costs.
- Manages within a framework of identified revenue cycle metrics, ensuring consistently high performance.
- Contributes to the development of the annual budget. Makes spending and resource decisions within budgetary guidelines; ensures accountability to operating and capital budget.
- Evaluates effectiveness of patient access work functions and implements "best practice" changes to workflow, policies, procedures and systems as appropriate.
- Co-manages financial counseling and Medicaid eligibility services based at the care site.
- Ensures all activities are supportive of Internal Audits and Organizational Responsibility Program (ORP), Compliance, Safety, JCAHO, EMTALA and HCAHPS initiatives.
- Manage and coordinate activities related to personnel management, including interviewing, hiring, staffing and counseling.
Reporting Relationship: Direct: Senior Director of Patient Access; Indirect: Site CFO
Employees Supervised: All on-site Scheduling and Registration staff who report up through Patient Access