| Unit Description|
Care Site Description
St. Mary's Medical Center in Grand Junction, Colorado is part of SCL Health System, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health â?? and hope â?? to our patients.
Fast Facts about St. Mary's and Grand Junction
- Grand Junction , Colo. (estab. 1896) Population: 146,000
- Awe-inspring natural beauty and the dramatic red rock landscape of the Colorado National Monument
- 300+ days of sunshine
- Exhilarating outdoor adventures including hiking, camping, biking or skiing on the Grand Mesa
- Incredible whitewater rafting on the Colorado River
- Hundreds of miles of world-class mountain biking trails
- A charming downtown full of great shops, restaurants, art galleries, and more
- The heart of Colorado's wine country
- Close to world-famous destinations such as Moab, Utah, Telluride, Aspen, and Glenwood Springs
- Regional Medical Center serving western Colo. & eastern Utah
- 2,020 associates, 434 physicians
- 346 beds (310 are staffed)
Services & Expertise
- Cardiac & Vascular Services
- Center for Brain & Spine Surgery
- Emergency Services
- Family Medicine Residency
- Level II Trauma Center with Pediatric Commitment
- Neonatal Intensive Care
- Orthopedics & Spine Center
- Primary Stroke Center
- Regional Blood Center
- Regional Cancer Center
- Surgical Specialties incl. minimally invasive & robotics
- Women's Health & Childbirth Services
For hospital information, Visit: www.stmarygj.org
For information on our community, Visit: www.visitgrandjunction.com
This position is responsible for the day-to-day operations dealing with the daily functions within the Patient Access/Pre Access areas. May focus on one of more areas, including but not limited, registration, central scheduling, pre-registration and authorization/certification. Provides direction, leadership and accountability for all points of patient access, ensuring effective and efficient operations with quality service to all internal and external customers. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Responsible for overseeing day-to-day operations. Monitoring, organization, and delegation of the teamâ??s workload.
Maintains and monitors the schedules daily to ensure appropriate coverage for areas of responsibility.
Develops and maintains written procedures and policies to guide clarify and support staff in their individual roles.
Define clear roles and responsibilities for staff instilling accountability. Responsible for meeting quality, productivity, and POS financial goals.
Responsible for quality assurance within area of responsibility. Conducts random sampling monthly of patientâ??s accounts to verify all policies and procedures are being consistently utilized and applied. Establishes benchmarks for staff performance and audits.
Monitors accuracy, volume and productivity to ensure timely and accurate information and reports it monthly.
Ensure compliance with federal regulations, including HIPAA, JCAHO, Medicare and other third-party.
Equivalent related work experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
Experience in patient access or hospital billing
Experience in a lead or supervisory role - Preferred
Licensure, Certification or Registration:
CHAA (Certified Health Access Associate) - Preferred