St. Thomas More Hospital, a 25- acute care/critical access facilty, is the cornerstone of health care services for Fremont County and surrounding southern Colorado communtites. St. Thomas More offers 24-hour emergency and trauma services, inpatient acute care, intensive care unit, The Birth Center, diagnostic imaging, surgical services, rehabilitation services, sleep disorder center and more. St. Thomas More was rated five stars by Healthgrades® for Total Knee Replacement (2012-2017), Hip Fracture Treatment (2017), and Treatment of Sepsis (2017). Our physicians specialize in emergency medicine, family medicine, internal medicine, obstetrics/gynecology services, general surgery, orthopedic surgery, and pediatric health services. Associates of St. Thomas More enjoy the camaraderie of a close-knit community hospital, the relaxed feel of small town life and an affordable cost of living in a town rich in culture and historic architecture. Located 50 miles from Colorado Springs at the foot hills of the Rocky Mountains and the entrance to the Royal Gorge, locals and visitors alike enjoy this area for some of the state's best hiking, widllife and river sports like rafting and fishing. Learn more about our hospital and life in Southern Colorado by visiting http://www.stmhospital.org/.
Job Description/Job Posting ID: 100929
Recruiter Contact: Tiffany Hoover, TiffanyHoover@centura.org
Clinic/Department: 8673 STM QUALITY MANAGEMENT
Hospital: ST THOMAS MORE
Schedule: Full Time
Responsible for the development and oversight for assigned Operating Group patient safety program and risk activities. This leadership role will direct others within the facility towards process improvements that support the reduction of patient/health errors and other factors that contribute to unintended adverse patient outcomes. Position provides leadership for safety assessments, coordinates the activities of the patient safety committee, educates other practitioners on the system-based causes for patient errors, consults with management and staff, develops and implements evidence-based programs that support effective patient safety strategies that lead to a highly reliable organization.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or other clinical discipline preferred
- Graduate level education preferred
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Five (5) years of experience in a clinical healthcare environment
- Two (2) years of previous leadership experience, preferred
- Previous experience with regulatory requirements, safety/risk/quality management and education
- Knowledge of Joint Commission hospital standards and CMS regulations and occurrence reporting requirements
- Experience in clinical operations and/or experience working in patient safety, preferred
- Experience in managing a patient safety program, including occurrence reporting system, risk management and implementation of patient strategies (eg. proactive risk assessment, FMEA, root cause analysis), required
- Proven education and facilitation skills, ability to educate and motivate physician leaders and organizational managers and to effectively facilitate improvement projects, change management, process redesign and risk reduction workshops
- Ability to create and present quality data using tools such as Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
Current Patient Safety Certification, preferred
Light Work - exert/lift up to 20 lbs. force occasionally, and/or up to 10 lbs. frequently.
Important notification to applicants as of Nov. 20, 2014: Effective Jan. 1, 2015, Centura Health will no longer hire tobacco users in Colorado and Kansas. The change to our policy does not apply to associates hired on or before Dec. 31, 2014. Centura Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.