Investment Services & Fund Accounting (ISFA) is the operational backbone of Fidelity International, crucial to the accurate, timely and efficient administration of our funds. Located in several global locations, including Dublin, we provide the middle and back office functions for the company ranging from trade settlement, corporate action processing and NAV generation, through to the production of reports and accounts for our funds. In an industry that is becoming ever more complex it's essential that we are able to be creative and adaptable in the services and solutions we offer. With this in mind, our mission is to add value in every aspect of investment administration by delivering excellent service with a combination of innovative flexible solutions, outstanding knowledge resources and total commitment to our company goals.
We achieve this by:
- Providing a challenging and rewarding environment for our people
- Working with customers on timely, cost effective and creative solutions
- Constantly improving customer service delivery with strategic, scalable solutions in a risk-controlled environment
The Asset Valuation (AV) team are responsible for the daily pricing of all securities held by onshore, offshore and institutional funds. The asset types covered include Equity, Fixed Income and Derivative instruments which are valued at multiple valuation points during the day. A monthly pricing service is provided to support various Customer Service teams and include Performance NAV, IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards), FIJ and swing pricing. In addition the Fair Value team provide support to the Fair Value Committee who ensure that all FIL's customers are treated fairly and equitably through implementation and application oversight of valuation policies. The Fair Value responsibilities include determining a reasonable value for securities that do not have regular exchange traded or market price, where outside influences could affect the value of associated holdings at the point of fund valuation.
What you'll do
The Operations Support Manager is required to lead an initiative implementing 'continuous improvement' within the AV Operations Teams. This will involve planning and prioritising multiple streams of work, and coordinating successful implementation of solutions into the team's processes which provide real value and reduce risk. The OSM will track records benefits delivered by the program against those expected.
The OSM will maintain awareness of any external change initiatives affecting Asset Valuation and ensure any such change is coordinated successfully into team operations. This will involve liaising with multiple teams across different sites and ensuring the requirements for AV are clearly understand by the Operations teams and adverse impact to operations are minimised.
The OSM will also be responsible for delivering effective reporting for the AV function that assist the Management team in decision making and prioritising the right changes. This includes responsibility for maintaining and reporting on records of operational readiness in the event of contingency operations being invoked from alternative sites.
What you can expect
- Project Manage 'continuous improvement' into AV team operations, utilising effective planning and prioritisation to ensure capacity for change
- Work with operational teams to coordinate requirement gathering, user testing and ensuring operational readiness from Operations Teams before such changes go live
- Liaise with internal departments to keep track of impending system or business change that could impact the team and coordinate AV to support changes where appropriate.
- Maintain accurate records of benefits introduced through change
- Prepare and deliver management reports and metrics to support Management team in ensuring operation is functioning effectively
- Maintain records of Business Contingency Procedures and readiness
Who you are
- 5-10 years Operations and Project Experience
- Project Experience covering requirement gathering and prioritisation, planning, resource allocation, testing and benefit tracking
- Strong communication skills, able to communicate at multiple levels, utilising clear and effective reporting
- Strong organisational skills, able to handle, coordinate, and prioritise multiple tasks, issues, and problems, ensuring resolution
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to work at differing levels of detail, both big picture concepts and complex detailed issues
- Creative personality with good motivational skills
- Self-starter and motivator - dynamic approach with a strong desire to make things happen
- Strong MS Office skills
- Knowledge of financial and capital markets, particularly equity and fixed income
- Pricing Operations experience
- Strong Technical skills (to VBA level) in Excel/Access
- Experience/Exposure to Agile Project Methodology, ideally through leading such projects