| We are currently seeking a highly motivated individual with up to 5 years of financial analyst experience to join the Risk Management Group's credit team in Hong Kong. |
Reporting to the Head of Credit Risk in Hong Kong, the candidate will primarily be responsible for assessing credit risk arising from the Commodities and Global Markets Group's business activities in the Northeast Asia region. The candidate will also be responsible for conducting credit analysis for counterparties, mainly in the Northeast Asian portfolio, including financial institutions, funds, corporates and state-owned enterprises.
- Provide recommendations for credit limits which are supported by thorough analysis and well-executed interpretation of relevant financial, industry, country, business and market information.
- Actively monitor credit quality and global exposure of the portfolio to existing and target clients by being current with industry and economic trends and market information to address any credit concerns and resolve issues
- Conduct counterparty annual and interim reviews as well as new counterparty initial reviews
- Reviewing and analysing derivative and lending transactions to ensure they are well structured, meet appropriate return hurdles and have risk appetite appropriately determined. Review and assess new products and new business requests
- Ensure appropriate guidelines, procedures and approvals are in place for new products, businesses and limits, through proactive liaison with the appropriate business units and other relevant areas, including senior management in the Risk Management Group.
- Review and negotiation of legal trading documentation in consultation with Legal and the business.
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships with Business Functions, Collateral Management Team, Client Management Unit, Risk and Legal.
- Monitoring of credit exposure and excess reporting.
- Working closely with country risk team and be knowledgeable with geopolitical development in the North Asia region
Key Experience Required:
- Outstanding qualifications, preferably with some application to commerce, finance, accounting, engineering, law or economics.
- Three to five years of experience in a financial analyst role (counterparty credit risk, equity research, fixed income research etc). Experience in covering financial institutions and state-owned enterprises will be an advantage
- A collegial team member who builds open dialogue-based relationships with clients, the front office and colleagues.
- Persuasive communication skills (both written and verbal) combined with confidence when being challenged.
- In-depth analytical skills gained preferably (but not necessarily) within a financial institution.
- Strong commercial orientation and understanding of business and risk-related issues
- Excellent spoken and written English. Profiency in an Asian language skill (i.e. Chinese or Korean) will be an advantage.
Risk Management Group is an independent, centralised unit responsible for ensuring all risk across Macquarie are appropriately assessed and managed. Its divisions include Credit, Prudential, Capital and Markets, Market Risk, Operational Risk, Compliance, Quantitative Applications and Internal Audit.
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Advertised: 04 May 2017 China Standard Time