| Award-winning culinary tour company is seeking a guest services specialist to support our rapid growth. Access Trips (www.accesstrips.com) tours focus on exploring culture through cuisine in exotic locales, with ground-breaking itineraries in Asia, Africa, and the Americas. We are honored to have been featured in the New York Times, National Geographic, and Fodor’s.|
We are looking for a smart, motivated, and detail-oriented person who loves working with people and has travel industry experience. This full-time position with benefits offers the right candidate huge opportunities for growth as a member of a smart, fun, passionate and growing team. The guest services associate position reports to the sales manager.
Serve as the primary point of communication and coordination with guests from booking through travel:
- Collect and file guest forms, insurance, flight and passport information
- Respond to guest questions and update FAQs, corresponding with operations managers as needed
- Send standard trip communications on schedule and customize as needed
- Coordinate booking logistics with local operations teams (arrivals and departures, bed configurations, special requests)
- Create custom itinerary and dossier pdfs for private trips
- Send feedback reminders after trip
- Reply to guests' feedback as needed
Payment processing and record keeping:
- Process credit card payments, including currency conversions as necessary
- Create invoices/receipts for non-standard trips
- Reconcile supplier invoices
Maintain customer database and master lists:
- Record all bookings in master list
- Record payments in customer database and maintain customer database
- Coordinate flight and accommodation information and maintain master document
- Build and maintain a database of internal FAQs
- Minimum 2 – 5 years work experience in an administrative or client services role; experience coordinating complex travel logistics preferred; tour operator experience a plus
- Proven experience in client relations and support, with a high level of patience, compassion, and tact
- A creative and proactive problem solver with a strong sense of urgency and initiative
- Superior attention to detail, able to produce consistently accurate and high quality work in a fast-paced environment (NOTE: you will not be happy in this position if you don’t enjoy detail-oriented work)
- Incredibly organized, with the initiative to recognize and propose more efficient processes
- Service oriented, with a passion for meeting and exceeding high guest expectations
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with bulletproof spelling, grammar and punctuation
- A passion for international travel is a must, a passion for food is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Docs, email and the Internet, and able to learn new systems
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Location: This position is based on Bainbridge Island, Washington. The office is across the street from the Bainbridge Island Ferry Terminal.
- Compensation/Benefits: Salary, medical benefits, and PTO.
- Travel: Access Trips supports personal travel to experience our products.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!