CAREER OPPORTUNITY #: 7206
POSITION TITLE: SR. ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT II
DEPARTMENT: INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT - EQUITY
- High school diploma required; Business school graduate or college degree preferred
- Five or more years of experience required.
- Knowledge of company operations, products, policies, personnel and clients required; financial industry and mutual fund knowledge preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required; experience with Power Point, Access, SharePoint, Visio and internal Federated database systems preferred.
- Financial background preferred
- Perform all administrative duties as required by individuals within the Equity teams, to include preparation of expense reports; opening, sorting, prioritizing and distribution of mail; making travel arrangements; prepare seminar/conference registrations; and scheduling appointments and maintaining calendars.
- Proficient use of various software packages such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, as well as internal systems and external databases to generate spreadsheets, word documents, graphics, and presentations to produce high quality reports, presentation materials, or other documents for internal and external use. Examples to include: Board Reporting, domestic, off-shore and clients Board; executive management reporting; departmental and divisional reporting; regulatory and compliance reporting; marketing literature and any other reporting required to manage and distribute information as required the Equity Division.
- Collect, compile, review, process, maintenance and distribute data and information for inclusion in reports or presentation materials on a monthly, quarterly year-end basis
- Prepare special or ad hoc reports, summarize or reply to inquiries, compile required information from a variety of sources
- Support the Sales, Marketing, RFP and Product teams, and other critical Federated departments as required, by being a key source for information, presentations or the scheduling of internal and external presentations or meetings.
- Anticipate, schedule, and prepare materials needed by management for conferences, correspondence, appointments, meetings, telephone calls, etc.
- Manage departmental resources as required to include facilities, conference rooms, video-conferencing, etc.
- Coordinate departmental and divisional meetings, projects, training requirements and other projects for Equity teams; organize and plan regular Broker Meetings, Attribution and management meetings
- Anticipate and suggest ideas for improving processes and procedures to improve efficiencies and effectiveness; implement improvements in office time management and administrative techniques.
- Participate and advance skills through on-going training of systems and quarterly Admin training programs, administrative skills, processes, procedures and other requirements for professional and personal development.
- Support the other Equity Admins in a back-up role.
- 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (overtime as required)
- Federated Investors Tower – Pittsburgh, PA 15222
- Must possess strong organization skills, the ability to multi-task, and meet deadlines
- Must exhibit a positive and cooperative attitude and effective interpersonal and communication skills with clients, co-workers, and vendors.
- Must demonstrate sound decision-making, problem solving and analytical skills with particular attention given to detail and accuracy.
- Must demonstrate flexibility and the ability to work as a key member of the Investment Management team.
Federated Investors, Inc. offers a competitive salary and benefits package along with a professional environment.
For consideration, go to
Only those candidates in whom we have an interest will be contacted.