Title: Rapid Rehousing Case Manager (Spanish-English Bilingual Required)
Reports To: Rapid Rehousing Program Coordinator
“La Casa Norte’s mission is to serve youth and families confronting homelessness. We provide access to stable housing and deliver comprehensive services that act as a catalyst to transform lives and communities.” La Casa Norte’s mission and philosophy of service is to impact the social issues of homelessness at the individual and community levels.
La Casa Norte’s Rapid Re-housing program (RRH) assists people experiencing homelessness in transitioning into permanent housing. This is a Full Time position working Monday-Friday between the hours of 9am-6pm or 10am-7pm. Eligible applicants will be available to work some evening hours and one Saturday per month as needed.
Expected Goals and Objectives
To assist clients in obtaining stable, safe, affordable housing
- Work collaboratively with families and individuals experiencing homelessness to assist them in obtaining and maintaining permanent, independent housing.
- Work within LCN’s mission and philosophy of service, using Harm Reduction and Trauma Informed frameworks.
- Using standard assessment tools, assess eligibility for RRH services and service level needed.
- Conduct pre-housing assessments.
- Conduct client advocacy via in-person, phone and/or letter for various participant needs; conduct advocacy to third party public benefit and service providers such as IDHS, Social Security, doctors, schools, etc.
- Refer clients to other supportive services as needed, including food pantries, clothing closets, legal aid services, substance abuse and mental health services; coordinating these services as needed to obtain wrap-around support for clients.
- Connecting clients to other LCN services, such as technology training, food programming, and youth services.
- Assist households in increasing income through employment and/or benefits.
- Provide budgeting and financial counseling to assist clients in becoming financially self-sufficient and in assuming responsibility for housing costs.
- Provide counseling and life skills training to assist clients in making positive changes in their lives.
- Work collaboratively with LCN’s Housing Location staff to assist clients in locating appropriate housing and developing positive relationships with landlords.
- Attend apartment viewings and other appointments with clients.
- Conduct independent home visits once clients are placed in housing.
To administer financial assistance to stabilize housing
- Request financial assistance for security deposits and rental assistance as appropriate.
- Conduct re-certification for households requiring more than three months of financial assistance.
- Work with property owners and Housing Location staff to obtain all necessary documentation to support financial assistance requests.
- Complete applications for other financial assistance with utilities, transportation, etc.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of all financial assistance payments.
- Mediate issues between tenants and landlords.
To create successful transition plans with households exiting program
- From point of intake, work with households to identify necessary steps to allows households to transition to permanent housing and assume all housing costs; create individualized service plans to pursue that goal.
- Regularly review with clients’ progress toward self-sufficiency and identify any changes needed to service plan.
- Educate clients on tenants’ rights and responsibilities
- Conduct follow-up activities after clients exit the program to ensure that client remains stably housed.
In addition to the responsibilities listed above, all La Casa Norte employees are responsible for contributing to the overall success of La Casa Norte by:
- Attending monthly staff meetings and other staff trainings
- Participating in La Casa Norte’s fundraising events
- Working in team approach to develop new programs and/or protocols
- Assisting with data collection and completion of program reports
- Performing other duties as needed