Elementary level (1-5) Core Teachers
Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton
Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton (SHS) is seeking excellent candidates for core teaching positions at the elementary level (grades 1-5) to begin in early-August 2017. These positions are full-time, teaching in the classroom and participating in the Sacred Heart community. Requirements include a Master's degree in education and a minimum of three years of experience as a lead-teacher or a BA degree with a credential and a minimum of 5 years of documented successful experience as a lead-teacher.
Preferred traits include experience with independent schools, Singapore math curricula, the Daily Five framework of literacy instruction and the Writers Workshop methodology of writing instruction. The successful candidate will actively engage students in the learning process, nurturing analytical thinking and a life-long love of learning. The ideal candidate will also have a demonstrated interest in multicultural education, educational technology and a deep concern for educational access, diversity and inclusion and previous experience in a Sacred Heart School. A healthy and appropriate sense of humor is always a plus!
Well qualified candidates will also
• Demonstrate a clear commitment to the educational philosophy of the school as articulated in the Goals and Criteria of Sacred Heart Schools and professional behavior modeled in it.
• Possess demonstrable, effective teaching ability and a clear enjoy of working with children.
• Be excellent communicators, with strong verbal, written skills and interpersonal skills.
• Have a willingness to be an active, enthusiastic member of the SHS community.
• Possess an obvious passion for the academic subject matter being taught.
• Have a willingness to adapt to existing curricula while also contributing ideas to enhance the respective academic programs.
• Be proven professionals, with a record of excellent attendance, punctuality, reliability and concern for student safety.
• Have comfort and skill with a variety of technologies, including course management systems, school information systems, active boards and basic classroom support for a one-to-one program.
• Prepare materials and classroom for class activities and instruction.
• Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students' varying needs and interests.
• Plan and conduct activities for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and work time that provides students with opportunities to observe, question, and investigate.
• Instruct students individually and in groups, using various teaching methods such as lectures, discussions, and demonstrations.
• Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects, and communicate those objectives to students.
• Prepare, administer, and grade tests and assignments in order to evaluate students' progress.
• Meet with parents and guardians to discuss their children's progress, and to determine their priorities for their children and their resource needs.
• Provide a variety of materials and resources for children to explore, manipulate and use, both in learning activities and in imaginative play.
• Collaborate with other teachers and administrators in the development, evaluation, and revision of elementary school programs.
• Work effectively with grade level team members to ensure a consistent learning experience for all students in the grade, regardless of their homeroom teacher.
• Attend professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops in order to maintain and improve professional competence.
Founded in 1898, Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton is an independent, coeducational Catholic school, as interpreted and lived by the Society of the Sacred Heart (RSCJ). Our mission is to cultivate in students a personal and active faith in God and to lay the foundation for a meaningful life. Located on a beautiful 64 acre campus in the San Francisco Bay Area, SHS comprises two academic divisions: Preschool – Grade 8 (P-8), and Sacred Heart Preparatory (SHP) for grades 9-12.
One of 24 schools in the U.S. - Canada Network of Sacred Heart Schools, SHS is affiliated with a more than 200 Sacred Heart schools worldwide. SHS holds a strong commitment to diversity, and employs over 300 full and part-time women and men across academics, administration, and operations. Of our 1,000+ student population, about one-quarter identify as students of color; close to 30% receive need-based tuition assistance; and 100% of our graduates are accepted into four-year colleges, with many recognized annually as National Merit Scholars. At the high school level, approximately 70% of all students participate in one or more of our competitive sports programs, and the school has amassed a solid record of league, section, and regional championship titles. For more information about our school, our community, and our athletics programs, please visit SHS Fast Facts.
The advertised position offers competitive compensation. SHS has a policy of making health and welfare benefits available to employees based on the length of assignment and subject to the plan parameters, including medical, dental, Life & LTD, vision, 403(b) retirement plan and more.
Please do not contact the school by phone or address your materials to any other addresses other than the ones below.
Please apply online by sending a resume and cover letter detailing your grade level experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
You MUST indicate Elementary General Studies Teacher 2017
Or, you may mail your resume and cover letter detailing your grade level experience to:
Sacred Heart Schools
150 Valparaiso Avenue
Atherton, CA 94027
Attention Human Resources: Elementary General Studies Teacher 2017
Submissions will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Preemployment background screening is required for all positions.
For more information on Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton, please see our website at: http://www.shschools.org
Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton believes that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, age, disability, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, veteran status, or any other class protected under federal, state or local laws.
As a faith-based institution, we reserve the right to use religion as a criterion in hiring decisions, as permitted by law, as it relates to performing essential job duties.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency