This may be your opportunity to participate in something special and get the whole-project experience you’ve been craving.
We’re seeking a mid- to upper-level, self-directed architect who shares a passion for Universal Design and innovation.
Mikiten Architecture is a small, award-winning West Berkeley firm, and a nationally-known leader in Universal Design. We leverage that expertise to create sculptural and functional beauty through many different building types.
Only local candidates able to work in our office need apply. No remote workers will be considered.
- A great working environment.
- Fun, creative projects with good clients.
- An unending pursuit of design fabulousness.
- Expertise in Universal Design and Sustainable Design.
- Opportunities for taking responsibility, learning, and growing as a professional.
- A surprising range of work for a small office: Multifamily, commercial, single-family, and Universal Design-specific work of all flavors.
- A wheelchair-accessible workspace.
- 6+ years experience.
- Exceptional organizational skills (ability to manage a project, identify tasks, and interface with the entire project team with minimal oversight).
- Experience producing a full set of CD’s and developing architectural details independently.
- Construction Administration experience on complex projects.
- Ability to manage a project's time & fee budget.
- Willingness to take on every aspect of production.
- Superior, demonstrable BIM skills. We use Archicad (not AutoCAD). We prefer a candidate with Archicad experience, but may consider those with *outstanding* overall BIM capabilities (such as Revit), and the ability to self-learn Archicad.
- Knowledge of and passion for Universal Design and Sustainable Design.
- Interest in working on both small and large projects.
- Comfortable in a small firm with 2-4 colleagues in the office on any given day.
- Cover letter presenting yourself and why you are interested in this position.
*** Please describe your Archicad or other BIM capabilities in detail ***
- PDF resume.
- A link to your work OR 3 PDF images of representative design work AND production work (no DWG format or zipped files).