Nurse Coordinator - (170000S6)
The University ofMaryland, Baltimore School of Nursing (UMSON) Department of Partnerships,Professional Education and Practice is currently seeking a Nurse Coordinator.The selected candidate will manage one or more nurse-managed primary carepatient care Governor's Wellmobile projects. This key position will oversee day-to-day clinic operations of variousprojects and grants, interface with interprofessional healthcare teams, stateagency funders, an ensure compliance and reporting requirements per projectdeliverables.
Various projects andfunding streams fund the Wellmobile Program's mission (per State of MarylandStatute) to provide primary and preventive health care services togeographically underserved communities and uninsured individuals across thestate and to serve as principle training sites for the UMSON for expandingstudent learning opportunities in caring for underserved populations. Current nurse-managed primary careinterprofessional services are provided in Prince George's and MontgomeryCounties. The Wellmobile leverages stateline funding to provide current nurse-managed primary care interprofessionalservices to underserved populations in Prince George's and Montgomery counties.
Thisposition is contractual part-time (28 hours weekly)
This position is based in Baltimore with travel to theWellmobile and community sites to include Prince George's Hospital Center
AccountabilityCivility Collaboration Diversity Excellence Knowledge Leadership
At the University of Maryland, Baltimore, we are driven by our seven corevalues, philosophy, and daily business and education practices of ourUniversity
UMB offers a generousbenefits package that includes 10 vacation days, 11 personal and holidays, 5sick days; comprehensive health insurance and supplemental retirement options;and limited tuition remission for employees enrolled at UMB.
- Serve as liaison and collaborate with School of Pharmacy(SOP) CIPS project coordinator and telehealth center, PGHC interprofessionalclinic and clinic healthcare providers in developing operations processes, dataand financial tracking systems for management of interprofessional clinic,telehealth services, and Wellmobile resources.
- Assistwith the overall management of the Wellmobile clinic by collaborating with theWellmobile interprofessional clinical team to assure the availability andaccessibility of health care services to consumers targeted by the portfolio offunded projects.
- Participate(with SOP, Wellmobile providers, and other partners) in the formulation,implementation, and coordination of standards, policies, and procedures foroptimal delivery of health services across funded projects.
- Overseerecord keeping, clinical documentation, data collection, management, andanalysis. Prepare and presents program reports. Ensure necessary reviews ofbudget, salaries, and terms are met within deadlines.
- Ensureconsistency and quality of financial and clinical data through outreach andengagement actions to the clinical team for training, problem resolution andend user-support.
- Cultivateand manage community partner relationships, and document required processes tobe implemented by the clinical team.
- Assistin finding grant and contract opportunities and in writing funding proposalsand applications.
- Assistin the school's educational mission by precepting graduate and undergraduatestudents.
- Maysupervise, mentor, or coordinate work of others.
- Performother related duties as assigned.
Licensure/Certification: Registered Nurse in the State of Maryland. Advancedpractice certification in community health or health systems leadership andmanagement strongly preferred.
Experience: Five(5) years of experience as a registered nurse.
The preferred candidate will have:
Master's degree inNursing
Experience in ambulatory care services and care management.
Fluency in Spanish.
Other: Mayrequire training related to occupational safety and health, environmentalcompliance, shipping of hazardous materials and/or ionizing radiation.
Except forqualifications established by law, additional related experience and formaleducation in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities requiredfor full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for theeducation or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 collegecredits being equivalent to one year of experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledgeof best practices in the field as well as all relevant federal, state, andlocal rules, regulations, and programs/policies for meeting compliance. Abilityto establish goals, structures, and processes necessary to implement a missionand strategic vision. Skill in strategic, analytic, and critical thinking withan ability to solve problems, negotiate outcomes, and make decisions. Skill inestablishing and maintaining effective working relationships. Excellent oral/written communication,listening, and interpersonal skills. Ability to prioritize, plan, and executemultiple complicated and continuing contract and grant assignments in a timelymanner. Proficiency with data bases using computer software packages andfinancial system applications and electronic health records. Demonstratedability to work autonomously and be directly accountable for practice.Knowledge of financial systems applications and accepted business process andpractices. Knowledge and application of project management tools and resources.Leadership, coaching, and teambuilding skills to strengthen and cultivaterelationships. Ability to schedule, train, supervise, assign work to, andevaluate staff.
Hiring Range:Commensurate with education and experience.
If accommodations are needed for a disability, please contact Human ResourceServices at 410-706-2606, Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm EST. Maryland Relaycan be accessed by dialing 711 (in-state) or 1-800-735-2258.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women,protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
: Exempt Staff - E2301F
Employee Class Exempt Contingent II
Full Time/Part Time: Part-Time
: Day Job
Financial Disclosure: No
: Nursing - Partnerships & Initiatives
: May 3, 2017