| Reporting to the Production Manger, the Post Production Manager provides managerial and technical support to the Department's 8-10 video editors. |
The successful HarvardX Post Production Manager combines an academic sensibility, an understanding of creative/media approaches to learning, the diplomacy necessary to manage and work within matrixed teams, and rigorous project management. S/he demonstrates a deep appreciation for academic content and for the experience of the Harvard faculty and global learners who will engage with HarvardX courses. Highly collaborative, the Post Production Manager is able to balance the competing demands inherent in production while keeping the post-‐production team focused on effective, timely delivery of HarvardX media assets. The Post Production Manager is a creative problem solver who prioritizes and frames constructive options and team approaches to resolve conflicts, work within operating constraints, or identify technical solutions. The Post Production Manager is valued by HarvardX team members for his/her demonstrated commitment to high quality pedagogy, purposeful experimentation, reflective practice, effective teamwork, successful project completion and effective delivery of HarvardX media assets.
- Provides day-to-day management and support for the Department's 8 video editors. Provides mentorship and management of editors in visual storytelling and quality standards.
- Collaborates with Production Manager to review and provide ongoing, timely feedback on technical and visual quality of media assets in all phases of production.
- Defines and applies standard operating procedures for selected video solutions in a consistent manner across all projects.
- Helps establish and then rigorously enforces naming, formatting and packaging procedures for reliable on-‐time delivery of HarvardX media assets.
- Manages hand-‐off of raw footage captured through the editing and final conform to project shutdown and archive in partnership with production manager, senior manager of technical operations and project leads.
- Works with other HarvardX managers to ensure post production workflow is conducive to effective and timely delivery of multimedia, video, interactive and photographic content for HarvardX courses and other projects as assigned.
- Works with HarvardX project leads and the Operations Manager as the tracker of deliverables status, editor project assignment and scheduling.
- Advises the Production Manager on overall operations and strategy for the HarvardX Production Group. Recommends process improvements as appropriate.
- Keeps abreast of emerging technologies and the digital landscape.
- Participates in HarvardX planning and coordination activities as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
HarvardX is a highly interconnected environment, and its team members blend expertise in academic disciplines, teaching, pedagogy, multimedia production, educational research, project management, software development, data analysis, and instructional technology. All HarvardX hires are made within the context of the larger team setting, to ensure a balance of expertise and leadership across all these domains.
HarvardX was established by the University in 2012 to develop and deliver MOOCs [Massively Open On-line Courses] to a world-wide audience. A faculty–driven and university–wide endeavor, HarvardX aims to be collaborative and representational of Harvard's academic diversity, showcasing the highest quality offerings of the University to serious learners everywhere. The HarvardX team supports MOOCs and online learning more generally, in line with HarvardX's overarching strategic goals to expand access to high–quality education worldwide, improve teaching and learning on campus, and advance the understanding of how students learn. Read more at http://harvardx.harvard.edu/who-we-are
Salary Grade: 057
Union: 00 - Non Union, Exempt or Temporary