Job Description - Under the general supervision of the Principal Investigator, and within established policies and procedures, performs scientific investigative research for two HIV prevention and care research projects involving unmet need for HIV testing and care services as well as pre-exposure prophylaxis programs. Researches literature in the field; participates in the design of experimental protocols and develops new procedures to carry out established research objectives. Conducts research according to established protocols; collects and analyzes data using statistical methodology. Assists in writing presentations and papers for publication based on the research performed, leads with IRB submissions and human subjects paperwork. Synthesizes data and outcomes for reporting to funders and partner organizations. To be considered for this position, please submit a resume and cover letter.
- Required: BS/BA in community health or related social science field
- Preferred: Masters of Public Health
- Minimum 3 yearsâ?? professional research experience. Community-based participatory research/implementation research preferred
- Knowledge and experience working with populations of color as well as sexual and gender minorities
- Knowledge of computer word processing and spreadsheet applications; Data entry skills and PC experience required
- GIS-knowledge a plus
- Meticulous attention to detail, organized, and able to work on many different projects simultaneously
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; Able to talk about sensitive topics in a mature manner
- Interest in health disparities, public health, HIV and sexual and reproductive health
Background Check - Criminal
Recruiting Start Date:2017-05-01-07:00
Job Posting Title:Project Coordinator
Department:Center for Health Equity Research
Worker Sub-Type:Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.