NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Supervisor-Accounts Payable Systems.
In this role, the successful candidate is responsible for business process and IT development within the Accounts Payable area of Finance. The Systems Supervisor is also responsible for the Payments team. They will work closely with IT developers and analysts to thoroughly test technological changes and developments within the ERP system, PeopleSoft. They will also work closely with the Treasury team to ensure that all payments go out in a timely manner.
- Respect and maintain confidentiality of all information within NYU Langone Medical Center
- Demonstrate creative thinking when seeking alternative solutions to process challenges and issues
- Maintain organized records supporting compliance reviews, remediation, program support and documentation
- Communicate clearly and concisely with customers in a professional and timely manner.
- Efficiently organize and manage multiple tasks/projects
- Participate in evaluation and redesign, as necessary, of internal processes; input to any relevant systems designs and developments
- Assist the AP Manager(s) in monitoring, updating and enforcing AP policies and procedures
- Promote staff development through demonstrating motivation, support to other personnel and providing an atmosphere of integrity and trust
- Performs other duties as requested by Management
- Assist with special projects as required
- Identifies areas of improvement for Accounts Payable and NYU Langone Medical Center operational departments.
- Understands needs of customers.
- Ability to support the Manager of Accounts Payable in their absence both at meetings and in the office.
- Conducts staff performance appraisals.
- Responsible for management and development of the staff.
- Responsible for understanding all system issues and their potential impacts on day to day operations.
- Work closely with IT business analysts and developers to implement or modify AP functionality in PeopleSoft
- Oversees and establishes a thorough testing processes for new IT projects
- Demonstrate sound knowledge of Accounts Payable, Travel and Expense and Procurement Cards modules in a financial system (Oracle knowledge a plus)
- Supervise all associates and review their work and workload.
- Responsible for understanding all financial, operational, system issues and potential impacts.
- Directs both the Payments and AP system teams flow of the department.
- To qualify you must have a Bachelor of Arts or Science degree in Computer Sciences and a minimum of five (5) years of related experience.
- Previous supervisory experience is must.
The Supervisor should exhibit sound knowledge of all areas of Accounts Payable. In addition, he/she should display a general understanding of accounting and finance. The Supervisor must have strong written and verbal skills and exhibit motivation to proactively monitor customer satisfaction. The Supervisor will need to focus on the technical side of financial systems, while still maintaining a close customer relationship between Accounts Payable and the NYULMC community.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.