NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Manager-Volunteer Services.
In this role, the successful candidate Provides day to day direction and management of the Volunteer Services departments and staff. Develops and oversees various patient and family programs and initiatives, and works with leadership, Directors, and Managers on related activities to enhance services provided by Volunteer Services. The Manager is responsible for outcomes within the department by supervising the work of others. The position also oversees the day to day operations of volunteer services, which provides trained volunteers to departments throughout the medical center.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date information regarding available volunteer positions and shifts. Provides oversight of the Annual Volunteer Recognition Event.
- Appropriately judges when to re-evaluate and/or discontinue a volunteer program. Supervises volunteers, counsels, and takes disciplinary action as necessary. Regularly communicates with departments to ascertain volunteer needs throughout the Medical Center.
- Volunteer Services-Specific Responsibilities:Oversees development and manages volunteer programs. Explores and implements new ideas for volunteer programs. Maintains training manuals, checklists, surveys, evaluations, policies and procedures and other program-related documents.
- Research and recommend to the Director any improvements or changes in departmental and/or hospital policies and procedures to enhance departmental operation.
- Monitor daily usage and procurement of materials in order to maintain departmental supplies, control expenses and identify any budget reduction possibilities.
- Maintain personnel records regarding compensation, performance, counseling and appraising of productivity and efficiency for direct reports.Maintain updated departmental policy and procedure manuals.
- Schedule and conduct general staff meetings regularly. Solicit suggestions from staff and other appropriate personnel to initiate improvements.Prepare work schedules for staff ensuring coverage in all priority areas, ensuring operations are not compromised.
- Develop and maintain adequate departmental communication to ensure staff performance and high morale.
- Monitor the overall effectiveness of the departments work assignments. Inform Director of any problems and action being taken to resolve and/or prevent future occurrences.
- Conduct initial and annual evaluations according to the NYU Hospital Centers policies and procedures, acknowledging achievements and recommending areas for improvement and/or development.
- Manage daily activities to ensure that established standards of performance are followed.Monitor daily productivity and efficiency for the purpose of apportioning work, evaluating staff performance, conducting disciplinary actions and/or implementing improvements or changes in staffing to enhance departmental operations.
- Establish standards of performance for staff. Delegate responsibilities to staff and develop mechanisms to evaluate their effectiveness so that training, education and/or counseling for improvement can be completed.
- Manage the daily activities and operations of the Guest Services staff in a cost-effective, operationally efficient and innovative manner including staffing, scheduling, payroll and area assignments.
- Manage and expand the recruitment and activity of the Patient and Family Advisory Council which includes patient advisors. The council oversees all related patient facing programs through outreach to both patients and staff. Coordinates and co-chairs monthly meetings in conjunction with leadership.
- Oversee and engage with all patient and family advisory councils.
To qualify you must have a Bachelor's Degree with at least five years of experience in customer service, hotel industry, hospitality or similar.Excellent analytical, organization and planning skills.Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.